Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So glad to have your warm cheery spirit along for my newbie adventure ride Tass. You’re the best! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s the spirit don’t let words hurt you like these other wimps. Imagine their feelings when die in pvp.

Eq tho is a game that you can’t verbally walk through all the mechanics you got to get spanked and re adapt. Unfortunately you will not have chances to do much of shit in pvp with no exp and nobody to pvp. More than likely your encounters will be people harassing you with over geared lowbie chars.

My thoughts don’t listen to magnetress or gusto. Talk to people on the server they are so happy to have anyone new you probably get all the help you need right there.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Is it really Everquest without the “massively multiplayer” portion of MMO ? ? ?
Old 01-11-2021, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

I can confirm tassadors assessment that your best advice is going to come from whoever is an active player, though magnet actually plays and is probably the only person who levels characters for fun on red still.

The big bummer right now is no population of people running through the levels since that’s where all the fun is for me.

Tassador what characters do you have? Are you basiah? Or basia
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red is not a PvP server; it’s a solo server. The cry for a new server is mostly from a gathering of players who’ve “been there, done that.” on a multitude of level 60’s. There will not be a néw PvP server, so roll a toon on Red, enjoy the massive exp bonus and incredible party exp (when you can find a partner or two) and having almost every single camp open. Take it for what it is, in any class you choose, and you will have a good time.

Also, hit up Andain, the servers #1 promoter and he’ll most likely give you a good starting weapon and some coin
I'm rolling a new toon recently to make sure these new starters have someone to play with/against.

What about you?
Old 01-11-2021, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

I don't exactly disagree with Shrubwise, but the option to grp and goof off around the end game is there.

Stuff slows down at 40 and everyone goes to CoM then for some shenanigains. Some quit (or like me reroll cuz I have dreaaams) but it's what it is )

Glad to have had some friendship yesterday in nektulous =)

Best way to enjoy this server is independently, doing the things you love in EQ, for nostalgia.

Or alternatively, with a crew. Which is what APex and Perdition are. Sanctuary has a bit of a crew internally as well. But they are more open and less clique. So will pug often. Tho, around 30 about 1 week ago I got a pug on my cleric in paw with totally random people not in sanctuary.

It's just not something you can plan for unless you have a crew like i said ). THe levels will fly by fast, so you will have some downtime catching up skills and re-leveling defense, and farming plat for spells. etc... it's a little less natural and progressive like it is on blue were it takes 5 days to get through 20-30. (without a snare and DS machine)

I'm on the fence about the fast pace, it hurts. Sometimes. Sometimes it's real nice. I don't have 3 years to hit 60 again maybe so, I'm not bitching.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

still 1 1/2 yellows to 58 on my rogue, hes old enough now to be in 2nd grade I think
Old 01-11-2021, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

I say, even if folks want to join the server and treat it like a solo server, or a pve server than so be it.. Please do. Please come and join our server for whatever reason you have! It only provides more people to kill for those who really do enjoy pvp.. Everybody has their reasons to be here.. I still login to blue just to help and buff people..

This is the circle of life. Players enjoy pve, they become pvp to others, and the cycle repeats.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I need to pick a main and stick with it.

I should have powerlvld knuckle his last two levels one night.

Been busy though.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the circle of life. Players enjoy pve, they become pvp to others, and the cycle repeats.
The bloody seeds of today's low hanging fruit, become tomorrow's assassin of the unsuspecting.

Note's are being taken and the shit list has been established! lol
Having fun when I have been able to play. Definitely appreciating the accelerated exp! It totally suits my part-time playing availability.
Last edited by DBStrong; 01-11-2021 at 01:13 PM..
Old 01-11-2021, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

DBStrong it sounds like you are having fun on the server and despite the low population you can definitely relive some of that original EQ adventure. I've been playing for probably 8-9 months after a long hiatus and I am really enjoying myself too. A necro is really a great option to make your way to 60 as they are plenty strong in PVP and can solo a lot of content that will allow you to raise your funds and camp gear. For spending the money that you gain I would invest in some resist gear so that when you do encounter PVP, most likely in your 50's (and there is plenty of it if you know where to look) you won't get stomped. Definitely find a guild and get on discord so that you have a closer connection and better communication with the people who do play on the server.
Closed Thread