Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

What does it mean to use the pet as mana battery.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Use pet as mana battery?
Old 07-28-2021, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use pet as mana battery?
What this means is you summon your pet, and then use reclaim energy on it later to regain some mana.

For example, let's say you summon your pet and then cannibalize back to full mana. Next, lets say you start a fight at full mana with your pet, and you get dangerously close to running out of mana. If your pet is at full HP, you can use reclaim energy on the pet to gain back the mana cost of your pet. So your pet dies, but you gain a few hundred mana back. This extra mana would allow you to cast another critical spell like root, slow, gate, etc. Shamans pets are great mana batteries because they cost a lot of mana (more mana back when you reclaim energy), and they do not require any reagents.

Shamans also get an item that summons a pet for free https://wiki.project1999.com/Fang_Amulet_of_Calling . Using this clickie costs 0 mana, but using reclaim energy on the summoned pet will still give you the mana cost of the pet back. This is a great item to use in an emergency if you need mana quickly.

To get reclaim energy as a Shaman, you just need to do one of the four mage focus quests found in the Temple of Solusek Ro. https://wiki.project1999.com/Categor...an_Focus_Items these items can be clicked from inventory as any class, and they are instant cast.

The Fang Amulet of Calling is also instant cast, so that is a very speedy way to gain some mana in an emergency, as I mentioned before. You could summon and reclaim up to 5 pets in quick succession. The only downside to this item is it's lore and has a very high recharge cost, so it is better to just farm or buy a new one.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM mentions how these guards are nerfed, but I wanted to say that I started my character with the hope that I would be able to solo-grind enough plat to afford some of these game-changing pieces of gear. I killed guards in Qeynos Hills & WK from 28-39. Spent days running around Rathe Mountains killing HGs after 44.

Despite all this, I have not been able to afford a JBB, Ikky BP, or Fungi Staff (totals ~55kpp). But even though I'm only level 52 and still wearing 7 pieces of Banded Armor, my Shaman feels strong and durable. I just can't solo as well as an Enchanter, Necro, or Shaman with their Epic, JBB, worn regen etc.
I started naked on Green at server launch (still not 60 yet due to IRL and all) and have been able to pull in decent cash as a shaman. I'd advise taking advantage of limited-time cash camps if you're on green. I made most of my money toughing out the CoS camp in Droga, which is still dropping AFAIK. I also just got my first Ornate Velium Pendant in Icewell, which is still dropping also. While these camps can be high-variance in drop rate, the cash output on them makes them some of the best money you can make at your level range, and there's always a rotating group, though you could survive the CoS camp solo if you're careful.

Both camps have pretty random drop rates with multiple PH's that can drop the item. I've seen CoS'es drop twice in one cycle and also 12 hours apart. OVP I saw 3x in a row and then waited about 4 hours for the next one. RNG gonna RNG.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Is CoS camp not nerfed yet?
Old 09-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Banned

torpor + spear of fate + pet + haste + dot a bunch of shit

oh and buff yourself

boom you a solo god now

there's more to this if you want to solo +6 dragons or do vilefang solos (check out shamwowwi's videos!), but yeah that's basically it
Closed Thread