Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Banned

I think all of the classic people left minus a guild (encompassing one or two of these remaining people) who doesn't want spawn variance.

These fast xp, YT enabled, broken mechanic boxes don't survive.

Best thing was no MQ.

Often, for games that finally turn it around? It's too late. Look at Warhammer.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Red needs this.

Add 2 (possibly 3) items.
1) an item that increases XP gained by up to 15%
2) an item that increases coins dropped by up to 15%
3) (if possible) add an item that increases you drop rate chances by up to 15% on items.

Allow them to be picked up from class trainers every week.

Allow people to loot them from corpses and turn them in for random rewards (or turn their own in for rewards)

These items would have different level ranges to help combat exploitation/abuse. So the item given to a lvl 10 would have crappier rewards compared to a lvl 50 item turnin. Allow the items to also stack based on bracket levels, allow 4 to be turned in at once to a different npc for a chance at rarer items and make it so the items cannot be banked.

Next add in xp/loot hot spots that change every 2 weeks. (probably been discussed)

I think Blue has the classic people on lockdown and red just needs it's own style. Right now, red has no Style, it's just blue with a seriously tiny player pool that is over saturated with assholes.

There has to be something to entice people to play on it.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Banned

exp boost on pvp loot interesting
Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red needs this.

Add 2 (possibly 3) items.
1) an item that increases XP gained by up to 15%
2) an item that increases coins dropped by up to 15%
3) (if possible) add an item that increases you drop rate chances by up to 15% on items.

Allow them to be picked up from class trainers every week.

Allow people to loot them from corpses and turn them in for random rewards (or turn their own in for rewards)

These items would have different level ranges to help combat exploitation/abuse. So the item given to a lvl 10 would have crappier rewards compared to a lvl 50 item turnin. Allow the items to also stack based on bracket levels, allow 4 to be turned in at once to a different npc for a chance at rarer items and make it so the items cannot be banked.

Next add in xp/loot hot spots that change every 2 weeks. (probably been discussed)

I think Blue has the classic people on lockdown and red just needs it's own style. Right now, red has no Style, it's just blue with a seriously tiny player pool that is over saturated with assholes.

There has to be something to entice people to play on it.
good idea, except for maybe turning them in for items. but i like it.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Dunno if this is too late for the thread, but my thought is:

Hard coded teams:
Hard coded teams (where you cannot xgroup, xbuff, xheal, xrez) are key to encouraging pvp and encouraging grouping. You are incentivized to help people on your team. pvp is also encouraged because you can't raid/group with the other team, so you don't have to worry about burning bridges with future friends. Sullon Zek style hard coded teams (but make it so that each team has access to all classes)
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno if this is too late for the thread, but my thought is:

Hard coded teams:
Hard coded teams (where you cannot xgroup, xbuff, xheal, xrez) are key to encouraging pvp and encouraging grouping. You are incentivized to help people on your team. pvp is also encouraged because you can't raid/group with the other team, so you don't have to worry about burning bridges with future friends. Sullon Zek style hard coded teams (but make it so that each team has access to all classes)
i agree, it would really make this server unique. ffa has always been the least populated eq pvp servers. SZ was the greatest server of all time (discord was pretty badass tho.) it would offer something other than whats out there already (LoZ, Zek)
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Teams would require a relaunch I think.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3680

Finish this.

Make it mandatory.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

mite b cool
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Two teams (evil / good) makes the most sense given both the existing city structure of the game (ie: FV outpost and OT outpost) and the history of classic teams servers. Both Vallon Zek and Tallon Zek evolved into this two team structure (even though it was actually 3 teams versus 1 team).

Needs players to be in the same zones or doesn't work, but then again that also applies to FFA. Territory/zone control is a foreign concept when everyone has entire zones to themselves because there's 100+ zones and little incentive to be in the same ones outside of chasing the best loot at the high end.

It's always been unfortunate that virtually every red emu server copied the least popular classic red server which had the most problems and the least amount of pvp (Rallos Zek).

It would not require a relaunch. If Rogean is trying to familiarize himself with classic red EQ, then that is as good of a starting point as any: which of those server rulesets worked best (popularity), and why did they work? How can I make that foundation work with what I have available to me (~5-10% of live server populations)? What design considerations should be made to compensate for that difference?
Closed Thread