Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

You implement hotzones for the exact same reasons SoE did once they realized they had 800 zones and 400 players on their servers, and needed to congregate them into the same areas so that Everquest didn't become LonelyQuest

Then people can actually get groups, and you don't even need a bonus. I don't give a shit about the exp rate. I want to see, kill, and group with other players here.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Id support the creation of hotzones (a limmited number , or have them rotate or wtf ever) if the flat rate universal xp bonuses were removed.

If "forceing" the population to come together for decent xp is the result, then grouping will happen naturally for other reasons (protection in a highly competitive/dangerous hotzone).

Once again this only works though, if you remove the currently inflated xp bonuses that are server wide.

This issue must be hit from both ends. Bring people together with the carrot (hot zones, group bonus wtf ever) and the stick (remove all of the xp bonues from soloers, who need it the least and would just take their flat rate bonus and go quad or solo in some remote corner of the world till 60).

And before someone says "well people will group for phat loot!". Wrong, not when everyone is just single pulling with invisi tricks through 10 walls and 3 floors named mobs straight to zoneline or where ever they feel like killing their cherry picked named mob at.

Im for whatever fosters community interaction.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Warms my heart to hear it.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Kobold

lol, cheesy, less trollin and more removing shadowstep off your spell gems when in Plane of Hate.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

this isn't blue, you arent going to have a bunch of hugging going on just because you make hot zones, people will still kill each other. The experience bonus is the only thing that brought players back to the server and its removal already seems to be having a negative impact on the morale of current players. I wish this server would stop taking a marathon backwards every time it takes half a step forward but i guess rogean wants what he wants even if it means people wont play here
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoguePhantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear "47%"

Get used to fucking classic Everquest!

If it's your first char and you have no friends starting with you here? Make a solo character to farm for your main.

The first xp bonus was fine to try and help the pop, but you will never stop asking for more.

If leveling is in no way fun for you? The people you are playing with are likely boring as shit or suck.

A very noticable trend is that the more people are HANDED, the LAZIER they get.

If it REALLY is so bad to find a group? They might have to enable boxing for a while instead of just jacking xp sky high.

I'm totally against boxing btw :P.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-21-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

Well maybe we shoulda had more things working before people like Steaks convinced them to "just launch it lol".
Old 09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it REALLY is so bad to find a group?
Yes, it most definitely is.

There is no mid level pvp. There is no grouping. If you are a casual player, you will be soloing pve content here for the first 100+ hours by yourself.

This is, by far, the biggest roadblock to anyone playing here. My entire guild (all former TZ players) quit because this currently functions as a hardcore blue server where grouping is difficult. Some actually went back to blue99, and it wasn't because that hardcore red server pvp was too rough for them. They didn't see any pvp here.

There are players here who spent 100 hours on their toon and did not experience 1 second of pvp. You tell me what's wrong with this picture.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

i actually think a group xp bonus rather than across the board xp bonus is a great thing. the point of this thread though is that i *think* -- and others do too -- that the xp bonus situation isn't quite right and we'd like to ask our gm bros to look at it again!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

I like how we're just dancing around the root of the problem and addressing symptoms of it with these solutions that imbalance other aspects of the gameplay
Closed Thread