Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Default Trak Shrooming Clears Aggro and/or Resets FTE

Is this functioning as intended? I got shroomed the other night for the first time in over a year probably, and as soon as I did a new FTE message fired. I was alive for 54 seconds between getting shroomed and dying, and at least 2 FTE shouts went off before I died, and I never FDd or got CoH'd in that whole time.

The encounter log is unfortunately not helpful, because FTE kept bouncing around for another minute or so after I died.

Is this a problem with the FTE message script, or is getting shroomed clearing aggro a la Call of the Zero?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 11-15-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got shroomed the other night for the first time in over a year probably, and as soon as I did a new FTE message fired. I was alive for 54 seconds between getting shroomed and dying, and at least 2 FTE shouts went off before I died, and I never FDd or got CoH'd in that whole time.

The encounter log is unfortunately not helpful, because FTE kept bouncing around for another minute or so after I died.

Is this a problem with the FTE message script, or is getting shroomed clearing aggro a la Call of the Zero?
From what I understand, Trakanon's Touch should clear aggro. The FTE script fires on EVENT_AGGRO, so as soon as someone is ported, they are cleared of aggro.

If this is not correct, need some more input to consider how to modify it.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Trakanon's banish should not clear aggro. However, from his spawn to his banish point - he should not chase said person. There is a distance limit on physically chasing aggroed players. When these players return to under the distance cap, the NPC will chase the player again. For Trakanon, the distance cap was around the front/gate Juggs.

Source: I soloed Trakanon every day from PoP to OoW (I made a bard lute to kill UDB Trakanon too). You had to pull him to a cleared shroom room with all shrooms around the area being non-cleric ones.

Live is free to log into and UDB is always up, I can confirm this if you need Lord Nilberg.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trakanon's banish should not clear aggro. However, from his spawn to his banish point - he should not chase said person. There is a distance limit on physically chasing aggroed players. When these players return to under the distance cap, the NPC will chase the player again. For Trakanon, the distance cap was around the front/gate Juggs.

Source: I soloed Trakanon every day from PoP to OoW (I made a bard lute to kill UDB Trakanon too). You had to pull him to a cleared shroom room with all shrooms around the area being non-cleric ones.

Live is free to log into and UDB is always up, I can confirm this if you need Lord Nilberg.
Trak never lose agro after touch someone back in the day sks monks used it to get sumoned back after touch and solo trak way into pop.

the trick was always clean the shroom spot and then run to him and start the figth after he touch you u will get sumoned back.

later in game when they added mercs u just have to put merc tank cleric in the area to keep busy any possible mushroom
Old 11-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen Trak chase shroomed people into the shroom maze at least a dozen times, if not thirty times.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 AM
Banned

+1

Trak used to summon me back after shrooming on live when soloing, or boxing it with low enough aggro on the 2nd box.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

From past experiences I'm almost positive the assumption that Trak Touch drops aggro is incorrect. He has run through the walls into the maze far to many times to believe that it drops all aggro.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 11-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Also curious when the change was made, he definitely used to chase people to shrooms earlier in Kunark, and he certainly appeared to the other day. I dunno, my job is to die early so I don't often see much.

One thing I haven't seen here is the particular Kunark quirk of mobs having a max distance they can chase a player from, although I never tried using the mechanic in a dungeon so it might not have applied there. Probably unrelated since the people that solo'd Trak on Live would pull him to shroom room. I never did solo Trak on my ranger, just didn't get around to it...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Kobold

I have been shroomed and summoned back by Trak.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

On project 1999 I have never seen mobs drop agro intra zone due to distance from mob.
On live with my bard it was common to be able to outdistance mobs and not worry about them chasing you down if staying in the zone.