Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Default Touching Mobs Engaged by Other Guilds

Before anybody accuses me of try to lawyer shit out, actually read please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to get into specifics about how our system works but it was designed with a small amount of leniency for a player or two getting aggro and not locking their guild out, provided it was a failed FTE attempt or accidental aggro.

Guilds are still strongly advised to follow the rules of FTE. Let a mob reset before engaging. If you don't have the FTE shout, don't engage it.
In the past for Kunark dragons I would often go tag into the end of another guild's kill, usually with some low inconsequential spell for a little faction bump (might be a Velious fetish...). Is that now disallowed?

For world dragons a common practice used to be to have a puller go tag into an opposing guild's attempt (with minimal/insignificant aggro), then run away and FD; if the other guild wiped the puller could (often) stand up to pull after the dragon had fully reset. No longer OK?

Please do note that I'm not looking for ways to cheat the raid rules in place; none of these violate the spirit of the rules, just looking to clarify before anybody inadvertently does something the old way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

I would think that tagging something for faction and not being a douchebag would be allowed. Just don't do anything dumb that messes with the raid (catch aggro, accidentally train, etc) and no one will care. I think Rogean's post had more to do with KS'ing, either accidental or intentional.

As far as tagging a pull to put you on the hate list, should they wipe, that's kind of dirty. I think you should wait for a reset (moved back to its home area, returned to 100% health) before tagging it to another raid. That's a GM decision though.
Last edited by Raavak; 01-14-2014 at 03:30 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Rogean made it sound kinda like there was a script monitoring these things, I wouldn't want to upset a machine that's probably smarter than I am.

Waiting for a world dragon to get all the way home takes a long time. Look at Fay, he spawns 18,000 feet/yard/units/whatevers away from where we kill him. Talendor is about 7k away, Sev is over 5k and Gore is over 6k if you fight her at KC. Historically nobody on P99 has intentionally allowed a world dragon to reset all the way home, they wait for aggro(encounter log) to clear, and most of the time they let the mob get to 100%. I don't think there's any question that once the dragon is heading back home with no aggro it becomes open to fresh FTE, that wasn't the issue.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe 100% health and moving towards its homepoint (not following someone) is enough. Didn't think of Fay, especially. Its almost dumb to have to let him return to his home area.

But I wouldn't want to confront Rogean over it -.-
Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Just take an extra half-tab of ritalin and let it reset fer chrissakes
Old 01-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do note that I'm not looking for ways to cheat the raid rules in place; none of these violate the spirit of the rules, just looking to clarify before anybody inadvertently does something the old way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would you do with the information once clarified...assuming that this was okay here? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thought so.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure that if you asked the guild killing the mob if it were okay for you to tag for faction, like people should do anyway, then there would be no problem.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

For some reason this reminds me of siblings who, when told to stop touching or messing with their younger sibling they continue trying to bother them by hovering their hand over them while repeating over and over "I'm not touching you".

I feel as though that was in some 90's movie... Or maybe just lots of commercials. But yea. That's what these threads feel like. If after 3 years you haven't maxed your Kunark dragon faction which is useless more or less, I fail to see the point.

However once Velious drops I can definitely see the desire to get faction hits.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Severilous, show us on this doll where Myuharin touched you.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
Closed Thread