Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have had 14+ years to try EQ PVP and if they still haven't it isn't for them. The product is way past design phase.

All that would be accomplished by allowing any sort of blue to red transfers is a bunch of red players with characters on blue would use it to mule their shit and/or characters over.

Every one of the ideas you've said will dramatically increase population that have actually gone into effect have had the same net effect: jack and shit. A temporarily false boost as old people come back to check it out, see nothing is really different and off they go again waiting for winter.
This server has been pushing out ideas since the population was 30 and it has climbed to its current numbers.

-Taking out exp penalty on PvP death
-Yellow Text
-Exp bonus
-Global /ooc
-Begging for resists which have been worked on a little but most importantly got Alecta appointed to address it sooner or later

I get 100% of the community aren't all for all of these changes but they have gone in and the net effect has been +population.

Those are some of the changes that have gone in that people proposed on these forums much like the proposal to allow transfers/copies to this server. You joined the server in October of 2013, so you haven't even been around for a real change on the server yet besides this simulated repop that hasn't even happened yet.

Why do you even waste everyone's time having an opinion and filling up space between meaningful posts on this subject when you have no valid input?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

For anyone that didn't watch that youtube link:

- Modify global OOC. Shit drives players away in droves. Need an option for people to globally LFG and auction, but the relentless stream of shit spewed in OOC needs to go.

- Modify XP bonus. Dramatically lower or remove the global XP bonus and make it a group bonus instead. Discourages soloing and encourages a group/social mentality, which is what gets people to form bonds and stay on the server.

The PvP forum section doesn't help bring new players in. If I was a_random_bluebie_scrublet001 and I saw these forums I would never roll here.

More importantly what I'm getting at is the revitalization of Red isn't just a staff effort, its a community one. The argument that blue players will never play on red isn't necessarily true, and completely ignores the purple players who are in between, but haven't tried/gave up on red for any number of reasons (toxic community, no one to group with, etc). If ya'll don't want to PvP on an empty box, it's going to take everyone pushing to make that a reality, not just the staff.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know, since we're just trying to steal players and all.
You are the only dumb one bringing up the term stealing players. Everyone else just wants to offer a painless way to introduce Everquest players to our server without throwing away their previous time investments.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- Modify global OOC. Shit drives players away in droves. Need an option for people to globally LFG and auction, but the relentless stream of shit spewed in OOC needs to go.

- Modify XP bonus. Dramatically lower or remove the global XP bonus and make it a group bonus instead. Discourages soloing and encourages a group/social mentality, which is what gets people to form bonds and stay on the server.

The PvP forum section doesn't help bring new players in. If I was a_random_bluebie_scrublet001 and I saw these forums I would never roll here.

More importantly what I'm getting at is the revitalization of Red isn't just a staff effort, its a community one. The argument that blue players will never play on red isn't necessarily true, and completely ignores the purple players who are in between, but haven't tried/gave up on red for any number of reasons (toxic community, no one to group with, etc). If ya'll don't want to PvP on an empty box, it's going to take everyone pushing to make that a reality, not just the staff.
Also if you fixed the ability to create a character on a new account. Currently if you do not create a blue character you cannot roll on red. Try making a new login server account and making a character on red. Blue is ninjaing our players due to this bug!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

the biggest problem here is that rogaine is in charge and cockblocking any forward progress
Old 02-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Has anyone disagreed with this? OOC is toxic and completely unnecessary. Just get rid of it already!

Quote:
Although I agree with this in theory, if there aren't first people to group with you end up just very harshly punishing the few brave souls who choose to give this server a go in its present state.

Quote:
The forums aren't any better over on blue and they are doing pretty good. I guess it could be a contributing factor but I doubt a huge one.

Quote:
I'd argue its nearly 100% on the community to attract and keep new players. I don't think the blue server is where we'll find a population boost though and if that is the basket we place all our eggs in we're in for a rough time.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

all i saw this entire thread was sunglassed boobs
Old 02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting them to try it is the biggest hurdle? You sure its not the solo grind to 50+? Or how you basically can't start a fresh melee here? Pretty sure that's a bigger hurdle for someone to get over.
wayy back in the day when brotherhood v1.0 was still around a good amount of melees in the guild quit when that patch came out that introduced mobs fleeing faster as well as undead mobs fleeing cause they couldnt solo. remove that shiat
Old 02-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Solution to get blue players to play red.
1) Crank XP bonus to 300%
2) Take the blue server down for "Server Maintenance" for about a week or two.
3) Profit.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 02-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solution to get blue players to play red.
1) Crank XP bonus to 300%
2) Take the blue server down for "Server Maintenance" for about a week or two.
3) Profit.
Closed Thread