Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default 5 important traits for a growing guild

We founded Casual Scum to have some fun and kill people in the snow. Since our modest beginnings we've grown bigger than we anticipated so we end up constantly reevaluating our plans to accommodate our size. Since I don't like to do things half-assed I'm studying the different guilds, their structure, and their qualities/deficiencies to do the best job possible leading my pals.

For science.

List the 5 major traits you think are important to a growing pvp loving guild to be successful. You can list more than 5, mention which guild you think is doing the best job, and even offer some criticism.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Banned

- pixel acquisition
- engelburt

im not saying 2 give burt pixels tho, thats a toxic recipe
Last edited by fandAONgo; 10-13-2015 at 02:50 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Banned

Character progression
Character progression
Team player attitudes
Fair rewarding system
Guild progression

Pvp is a part of everything, but foremost people want to progress their characters. Stronger characters = stronger pvpers = stronger guild = more guild progressions = stronger characters = stronger pvpers.

And as a result your guild will look more and.more appealing as a serious contender and place for people to stay in when their needs are met, guild size growth/attractiveness.
Last edited by Rejji; 10-13-2015 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Aviak

Don't be Scum

Good luck.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Bottom line is common goals and direction. Whether it is to pvp, grief, raid pve, or whatever you have to have a flow you need people who want the same thing you do.

Respect for the leadership if your leaders don't have the members respect then the guild wont last.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

forum presence matters

im not sure if im alone on this but i think an important aspect of a growing guild is that players shouldnt make death threats irl on the forums

complete abstinence from the forums doesnt seem to work either. threads like these that demonstrate you actually care are a good example of what can be done, but the next step is not immediately flipping a bitch when someone outside of the guild makes an abusive comment

to clarify, im not backhandedly implying CS did/does this. i'm pointing to other recent examples who i will not be able to quote due to thread deleted

i think this can be further summed up by saying you should be willing to gkick toxic players in-and-outside the forums even if they are good pvp'ers because fuck em
Last edited by Magikarp; 10-13-2015 at 04:02 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned

ABC

ALWAYS

BE

CROOTIN
Old 10-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forum presence matters

im not sure if im alone on this but i think an important aspect of a growing guild is that players shouldnt make death threats irl on the forums
Unfortunately some posts can damage a guild's reputation or standing and I agree that a positive forum presence is absolutely necessary for any guild hoping to recruit and grow.

The irl threats are an odd thing to encounter here that I had never seen until coming to P99 forums. I have never encountered them on other online games but in recent years I haven't spent that much time on forums for games so maybe its just a online culture shift.

I doubt most keyboard tough guys could or would carry out the threats but.../shrug

I think its stupid on several levels if serious. You don't tell someone your coming after them not knowing who they are or what they know. Bottom line is there is always someone bigger and badder on the playground they just may not advertise it.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

to give you an example of how this might look: when i was apping to empire i assumed they were going to run a quick forum background check on my names and find a bunch of silly things i said when i was still on the up-and-up and flying solo

i dont think my history would have really qualified for an app denied anyway, so someone may have actually done this

as for new forum accounts, or players that claim inactivity on the forums, you can default to giving them a free pass but make a physical note so if the truth ever comes out that in fact they apped anonymously by lying to you then you could deal with it on an individual basis

just my two cents. guard the doors of your guild a little closer than some recent new guild ventures
Old 10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ABC

ALWAYS

BE

CROOTIN
This too.

Nobody wants to join a guild that looks dead or doesn't have any players in their time zone. Unless you are perfectly content waiting for someone to log on to do something or port, and are realistic in your expectations on how far you can progress/doable content, then recruit.
Closed Thread