Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default Necro and Manna Robe

Can anyone explain to me how a necro and a Manna Robe work in tandem? I always assumed the hp to mana ratio of their best life tap dot was better than the hp to mana ratio of the robe, but now I'm not sure that's the case. According to the wiki, the best necro lifetap dot has a 2.24 hp to mana ratio (1110 hp for 495 mana) vs the 3 hp to mana ratio on the robe. It seems like casting Vexing Mordinia then using the Manna Robe until it wears off would actually result in less mana over time than just sitting in lich form.

I know a few necros who have one and love it, so I'm probably just missing something. If it's used in "oh crap" situations where you need to regen mana fast or get killed and other situations where the long-term efficiency doesn't matter, I can see it being pretty awesome. Is there another use?
Last edited by Vallanor; 03-09-2016 at 02:12 PM..
Old 03-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Necros get the Soul Well Staff.

The VP staff is mana free and heals 726 over 11 ticks I think it is?

That being said, Manna Robe on a Necro is largely a waste IMO. Demi Lich covers most everything you need. Just sit and med, you get 20 for a med tick versus 40 for the 2 Manna Robe clicks. Plus you regen more when sitting, especially on an iksar.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Ahh that makes sense. I thought the VP dot was just straight damage not a lifetap. Very cool.

I actually didn't think of Iksar regen either. If you're willing to "canni dance" with your robe and cast between ticks then sit down, you can probably robe click quite a while before you need to lifetap something.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I just feel the Manna Robe is a toy at best for a Necromancer. With the amount you pull in from Lich, I can't imagine scenarios in which I would want to robe rather than meditate with Demi Lich on.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh that makes sense. I thought the VP dot was just straight damage not a lifetap. Very cool.

I actually didn't think of Iksar regen either. If you're willing to "canni dance" with your robe and cast between ticks then sit down, you can probably robe click quite a while before you need to lifetap something.
VP staff is the necro epic imo. At least until snare/root stack, but even it is close.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

If given the choice between keeping my VP staff or trading it in for the epic, I think I'd have to keep the staff. Mana free heal over time clicky is huge on a Necromancer.

Circlet of Shadow (PreNerf)
VP Staff
10th Ring
Z Heart
Epic
Chardok multi slot quest
Velketor Wrist
DMF Robe

I think that's more or less how the Necro hierarchy of gear breaks down.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VP staff is the necro epic imo. At least until snare/root stack, but even it is close.
They already do? At least atols and fetter do
Old 03-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it stacks its been stacking for awhile now

I always knew you don't play here
Old 03-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

He knows. He is just always talking about the timeline.

From March 1999 - January 2001 when snare stack change goes in, VP Staff is above Necro epic. After that point it becomes more open to debate.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone explain to me how a necro and a Manna Robe work in tandem? I always assumed the hp to mana ratio of their best life tap dot was better than the hp to mana ratio of the robe, but now I'm not sure that's the case. According to the wiki, the best necro lifetap dot has a 2.24 hp to mana ratio (1110 hp for 495 mana) vs the 3 hp to mana ratio on the robe. It seems like casting Vexing Mordinia then using the Manna Robe until it wears off would actually result in less mana over time than just sitting in lich form.

I know a few necros who have one and love it, so I'm probably just missing something. If it's used in "oh crap" situations where you need to regen mana fast or get killed and other situations where the long-term efficiency doesn't matter, I can see it being pretty awesome. Is there another use?
If you canni dance ala Shammy you increase your mana regen by 20 on top of your sitting mana regen - nothing to be sniffed at. So no it's not a waste on necros, don't listen to the naysayers they dont understand.
Closed Thread