Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

Loke will crap on your face.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
true, but rogean admitted it's a bug within wall mechanics (specifically collision #s).

edit: also lol at expected tags i.e da faggots/ib cumg's
The real effort here should be put into collision work, which is making impacts on other zones.

Going through a wall, through the rock, out the back door, who cares, the point is Vox could be pulled out of the lair for a significant portion of time on live. The reason you see so many screenshots of vox going towards diplomat are probably because that was typically the way people would run after getting agro.

Further to the levitate business, on live that would have been considered creative use of game mechanics, here one group calls it cheating, another doesn't. While the giants did not see invis, it is actually faster to run through the regular way instead of even using the levitate, so all the bashing based on that is completely baseless to begin with.

Where or how others kill their mobs is absolutely meaningless to me, why there is such a focus on how IB does this spawn in particular is amusing.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real effort here should be put into collision work
Again, this was the point of this bug report. If collision is too difficult a task then the next logical solution would be to force a set path for Vox to follow that emulates classic EQ. Failing that, a permanent tether as seen later on in EQLive would also be appropriate, seeing as how other fixes have been adjusted to emulate what appears on live to provide some level of consistency with classic EQ.

The fact that this keeps turning into an RnF thread suggests that the point of this post has been lost. There is more evidence suggesting that Vox should be heading in one direction much more than another, and another conclusion has been made that even suggests the possibility of limiting the encounter to one area of the zone. Gwence provided screenshots that indicates Vox moving towards the ice giants and through the large double doors. This is not how Vox currently paths when pulled out of the lair, and considering the entire point of this server is to emulate classic screenshots that provide evidence to the contrary of the currently incomplete mechanics should be taken into account and be used as large stepping stone in terms of progressing towards a more classic goal.

The complaint that questions the validity of this bug report and as to why it wasn't reported 13 months ago seems more vested on the entity capable of killing Vox 13 months ago. When the bug was seen, it was reported. That is the point of a bug report and its consequent fixes.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Kobold

It's pretty easy to wait until someone posts a lengthy reply with documented resources, ignore everything that goes against your argument, and then highlight the details that may work for you. I reread this thread and have not seen one single documented resource that suggests Vox could not be pulled through the lev cubby on live. If you want to get something changed, be proactive. Do the work and post your findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is more evidence suggesting that Vox should be heading in one direction much more than another, and another conclusion has been made that even suggests the possibility of limiting the encounter to one area of the zone.
Of course there is more evidence that Vox should be pulled through the giants; it's what most people would choose to do because it's an obvious path and most people are creatures of habit. The submission of evidence that she pathed through the long way on live does not prove that she couldn't be pulled through the cubby, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gwence provided screenshots that indicates Vox moving towards the ice giants and through the large double doors. This is not how Vox currently paths when pulled out of the lair. . .
On this server, I've seen Vox trained out of her lair and through the ice giant tunnels and into the king room. She was trained that way because the players that had aggro ran through the ice giant tunnels to get out of her lair. You must have meant that she currently does not path that direction if she is pulled through the lev cubby. That is the only way your statement can be true.

The strongest arguement that I've seen here against her going through the cubby is the idea that the original developers probably didn't intend on raids bypassing giants, but that doesn't hold water either. There are plenty of shortcuts in this game. I can bypass two named fire giants and a number of normal fire giants during the Nagafen encounter. Is that considered an exploit? I've never heard anyone suggest that it is.

I personally don't care if Vox is tethered or not, though. I can think of a number of interesting ways to take on the encounter if she was tethered, and I can only imagine the posts and accusations that would follow another outside the box strategy.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhalous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The submission of evidence that she pathed through the long way on live does not prove that she couldn't be pulled through the cubby, though.
If you using this as a claim to back you up, then there are a lot of things on this server that could be one way or the other. I would argue that probably 60% of this server is from memory with little or no evidence to back it up, but it's in there because it is classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhalous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On this server, I've seen Vox trained out of her lair and through the ice giant tunnels and into the king room. She was trained that way because the players that had aggro ran through the ice giant tunnels to get out of her lair. You must have meant that she currently does not path that direction if she is pulled through the lev cubby. That is the only way your statement can be true.
This is what is currently happening, yes.

Quote:

I personally don't care if Vox is tethered or not, though. I can think of a number of interesting ways to take on the encounter if she was tethered, and I can only imagine the posts and accusations that would follow another outside the box strategy.
I'm under the same sentiment about the tethering. I could care less whether she is tethered or not, but it's not that I am arguing against your out of the box strategy, but as Trimm pointed out, your "out of the box strategy" is being used to bypass multiple mobs. It is not to say that you as a guild, IB, or any other guild could not take vox with those mobs.

The argument is for the fact that it wouldn't be as easy. Your numbers on vox would not be as high to push her to interrupt her CH's, and with a lower amount of players, guild X may not be able to take vox as immediately as you can pulling her through the cubby. Different strategies, such as training the giants away or actually clearing towards her lair prior to her pull could/would be needed depending on the amount of pet classes/cc available at the raid.

The point comes down to, as Aadill pointed out, fixing things so that the server reacts much more classically, and to make viable strats classic. Until we see a screen shot vying for the pull-ability of vox through the wall/cubby, i'd like to think that Gwence's screen shots more than prove the point at the moment that vox should be pathed through the double doors, aggroing more mobs than pulling her through the cubby does.

That being said, this post has turned into a flame war and it wasn't my intention. I just want this fixed to be classic or fixed with a workaround as close to classicness as possible. I would ask that you don't post here unless your intention is to get this bug fixed in the fastest, most efficient and working manner possible. We have not seen evidence to point out that she was pullable through the cubby, whereas gwence posted evidence for the exact thing that I have been fighting for.
Last edited by Taluvill; 12-24-2010 at 02:50 AM..
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Fire Giant

Taluvill, I just got home and am admittedly mildly intoxicated. However, I just wanted to reply quickly and state that my posts were not intended as flames - simply as counter-arguments to claims I felt were not entirely justified. If any of my posts came off as flames I apologize - I only want to ensure that changes aren't made without considering all variables.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Nah dude, its not you. Its erryone.

My point is lets just fix this shit and not bitch about it and moan about what guild said what, which is what seems to happen a lot around here.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Kobold

Taluvill, this is not about what guild said what. It may appear that way, but I can see through factions and get to the root of what someone is saying. It's obvious that you and others that share your point of view are not willing to entertain the idea that this bug report is invalid, which is fine. I am not going to continue to debate this topic unless server management wants to join in our dialogue. As players, we do not make ultimate decisions when it comes to the development of this server. Rogean and Co. are more than capable of handling issues such as this, and their decisions are the ones we, as players, will all have to accept.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Agreed. The point I was making as of late is that through Gwence's screen shots, it clearly shows vox coming through the door. I have yet to see a screen shot of vox coming through the cubby, and rogean has agreed with our point, although he said collisions are off is the problem with her pathing.

I don't care about a guild pulling vox to the king room, I just want her pathing to be correct is all.