Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say though, despite what you read on these forums, in the game itself, leveling up, even on a 10 year old server, I find that almost all the people i encounter are super nice, friendly, curteous, and I don't expect many would shun hybrids (even if they are themselves min maxing a bit they won't let it dictate who they group with).
I wish I could agree here, but I simply cannot. It's already happened on Blue - groups leaving their tank spot open til they find a Warrior or Monk (refusing several Knights)

How often do you see Druids and Wizards get invited to high-level groups on Blue? (Hint - they DONT!) And those classes are simply non-ideal, not actively slowing the progress of others.

I've seen groups holding a spot open for an hour or more just waiting for the "perfect" class.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO levels 1-50 aren't too bad. Leveling from 51-60 however, with the 40% penalty, is an absolutely crying chore!
But by 51+ (hell, actually much lower if you are in a dungeon), you can make your group shine and be one of the most important members. Use your utility to constantly have a mob on you and the xp flowing in. No one is going to begrudge the geared hybrid in a balanced dungeon group.

Lazy hybrid that wants to play just as a autoattack bot and weak damage add? worthless and not playing to the strengths their xp penalty warrants.

Which kind of brings up another point: hybrids do NOT STACK well. You don't need more than one. You are almost always better off with anything else in place of that 2nd hybrid.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:49 PM
Banned

Being able to root as a tank is huge

Don't listen to the dummies
Old 09-25-2019, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being able to root as a tank is huge

Don't listen to the dummies
So we've gone full circle and rounded it down to pally vs ranger again?
Closed Thread