Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

I’m pretty sure there will be no PoP as it ever existed on Live, but the zones could be used for sure.

Re: using additional zones for P99, it has happened. I forget exactly how it worked, but there was an event in Mines of Gloomingdeep. IIRC Uthgaard created it? There was no way for players to go there themselves, but GMs could send players. I’m not sure if there were ever any others... in the dark recesses of my mind I feel like I remember a game of capture the flag played in... PoTime or something?

And I know that they can move the zone lines around. There was a time when the DL/KC ZL got moved somehow, and my wizard’s bind point was on it so that when I gated, I loaded DL and instantly zoned into KC, and a later patch fixed it. I would assume they can add a ZL, too, like take a dead-end cave in WL, WW and just connect it to a new zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go play shards of dalaya if you want new zones, i don't
Kunark, Velious, Paineel and The Hole, Warrens/Stonebrunt, Hate/Fear/Sky were all new zones during classic. Obviously adding new content is classic, it’s all the silliness of the post-Verant era that we’re avoiding.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 10-07-2019 at 05:47 PM..
Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They'd have to redo the loot tables for Veksar. I do agree it would be cool to see, but it is LoY era itemization. Jaggedpine would be cool to see.

I don't expect any of that to happen however.
Personally I'm hoping against hope to see the LoY zones (almost as is, but maybe tweaked a little) brought in here. IMHO that expansion was a failure to Live players for the exact reasons that I think it would be a great expansion here (it was all for "low level" characters ... ie. 1-60 without AA).

However, as I mentioned, one of the devs (I forget which one, sorry, you'll have to dig) came out and said that custom content won't be any new re-creations. Re-creations take extra effort: the devs have to do a ton of research and such that they don't need to do with their own creations.

I get the sense that the custom content is in some way a reward to the devs themselves: after ten years of re-creating classic, they now get to have some fun and "invent some classic". Re-creating live Veksar or LoY zones, as much as we all might like to play in them, probably wouldn't be as fun for them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Banned

Future custom content would likely be a harder version of EverQuest
Imagine blue with extra mob placement and camps made (or implemented in empty areas)
more difficult

Perhaps a remastering of NPCs/mob placement a la:

The Legend of Zelda: Second Quest

EverQuest: Second Quest

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda

The game features a "Second Quest," accessible either upon completing the game, or by registering one's name as "ZELDA" when starting a new quest. The Second Quest features different dungeons and item placement, and more difficult enemies.[58]
Last edited by Chortles Snort|eS; 10-07-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Old 10-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Re-creations take extra effort: the devs have to do a ton of research and such that they don't need to do with their own creations.
I agree, I think they’ve built tools and found ways to implement what they want. Now instead of working to get the new client to do what the old one did, they can just make it fresh and not have to worry about whether it’s “correct” or not.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

THE MOTHER F#$%ING LOOKING FOR GROUP TOOL

DEAR GOD ENABLE IT
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark, Velious, Paineel and The Hole, Warrens/Stonebrunt, Hate/Fear/Sky were all new zones during classic. Obviously adding new content is classic, it’s all the silliness of the post-Verant era that we’re avoiding.
lmao
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Would love to see more tradeskill recipes. A couple people have mentioned Jaggedpine Forest... I know that Cheese became available to purchase in Jaggedpine along with new recipes that used Cheese!

Or if staff wanna come up with their own creations for new recipes that would be awesome too. Make my favorite tradeskill (Baking) less useless! Get some amazing Stat food that's hard to make but super rewarding when you do! .... a girl can dream!!

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-07-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

yeah if we're doing custom content, expanded baking and tradeskills with more fun/utility items would be great. baking rocks, i make raid snacks to hand out most cycles.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?
Winter's Roar was one of the early custom server for private everquest emulators. It's focus was on creating a new game/world with the EQ engine. It got shut down by sony.
If I'm not mistaken Shards of Dalaya what it became. I use to play on SoD back in 2008.

The more you know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

Add in dungeons using the LDoN instances, don't have to add in everything from LDoN but some of the dungeons were pretty cool and had a classic environment.

Could turn them into a greater rift system like in Diablo 3, where you see progressively harder difficulties as you clear more.