Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah if we're doing custom content, expanded baking and tradeskills with more fun/utility items would be great. baking rocks, i make raid snacks to hand out most cycles.
Zodium and I agree on something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!

I think the good news for all of us tradeskillers is that adding new recipes must be pretty easy for the devs: just add the recipe itself, plus its reward, and you're done.

Compare that to a new quest. You need new NPC(s), new paths for where they move, scripts for what they say, plus any quest turn-in items, any mobs which drop said items, any factions on anyone involved, and of course the reward item itself.

New recipes will be so easy the devs have to add some ...

... right?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Banned

yeah guys lets add tons of 1000+ combines recipies like dragon muffins to satiate the player bases desire for new content on year 8 of velious

Old 10-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

I say the developers make the EQ2 timeline play out, have Luclin explode and rain hellfire down on Norrath.

Also playable Rat men.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Future custom content would likely be a harder version of EverQuest
Imagine blue with extra mob placement and camps made (or implemented in empty areas)
more difficult
I wrote up an idea a few years ago to make the game harder while still retaining basically the same content: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=260801

I think something like this would be a lot more fun than just tacking on some additional custom content. It would also be a hell of a lot easier for the staff to implement.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

One day im going to make a quest for myself on some personal server where an NPC will give me a clicky that will open a small tablet of 8 or so slots, so I can pull out my little spell tablet of out of class spells, to use in sticky situations idk I broke the spellbook doing some UI stuff and thought it looked cool as a spelltablet so this is a great thread to share that thought in haha

Old 10-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Aviak

Don’t think they will go to far with custom content, like whole zones or new loot because no point spending 10 years recreating the classic experience to just add a bunch of non classic content that changes the game. It will probably be small stuff like quests or change some of the encounters. If I had to guess they might add a quest to revert sleepers, add two versions of naggy/vox one for 52s one for 60s, fix/finish unfinished quests from classic, create recyclable “gm” events that dont need much gm involvement but rather run off script every few months. I think stuff like is what they mean by custom content.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misek84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I had to guess they might add a quest to revert sleepers, add two versions of naggy/vox one for 52s one for 60s, fix/finish unfinished quests from classic, create recyclable “gm” events that dont need much gm involvement but rather run off script every few months. I think stuff like is what they mean by custom content.
It's anybody's guess! I'm sure Nilbog has ideas, but he probably won't tell us because there'd be too much whining. They certainly could add new zones, mobs and quests without destroying the classic-ness. I hope they do.

Does anybody remember when epics were first implemented? And FA as well, they were originally introduced as "FA-type quests for every class". It took a while before they were all solved, and it was big news when a new one was finished for the first time- wasn't the first FA finished by a paladin named Monk? It would be really fun to have that kind of mystery again.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wasn't the first FA finished by a paladin named Monk?
Musk on the Tunare server.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winter's Roar was one of the early custom server for private everquest emulators. It's focus was on creating a new game/world with the EQ engine. It got shut down by sony.
If I'm not mistaken Shards of Dalaya what it became. I use to play on SoD back in 2008.

The more you know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we shut down winter's roar for like a week after the C&D while we rebranded the website and put it right back up as Shards of Dalaya lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say the developers make the EQ2 timeline play out, have Luclin explode and rain hellfire down on Norrath.
wow hang the hell on here, EQ2 stole SoD's storyline?!
Last edited by zodium; 10-08-2019 at 02:35 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

it's nice 2 dream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

release luclin. no horses, no bazaar, no vah shir (unless "classic" models exist for them??), no 15 miin ports from gfay, yes beastlords, yes aa.

release pop. no port books, no pok, no pot. entrances to the various planes can be added to existing areas around norrath, and/or druid and wiz ports. no instances, yes more aas, still no horses.

had sony done this from the start and never added the newer player models, i feel fairly certain that these classic emu servers would go up to pop as a standard, instead of velious.
Closed Thread