Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
On live I don't think I was able to solo guardian wurms until PoP. I doubt a shaman could solo one on P99 but with all the gear some people have on Blue... maybe?
I don't think it's possible either. Gwurms hit for max 554 and I don't think torpor can outpace this level of beating.

I'd love to see this though!

We need a beefy best in slot shammy to give it the ol' college try.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Did a bit of testing tonight. Don't think a Shaman can solo GWurms. They just hit too hard. Their ability to double attack for 500 is just too much for Torpor to handle, even with Turgurs Insects applied.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

I did those once duo with the wife (Shaman/SK) and they seemed more trouble than they were worth. I used some heal clicks so as to cover damage spikes since Torpor has a finite amount of health it can out-heal and chloroblast doesn't heal for a ton. Solo you'll pretty much want to have a bag (maybe more) of wort potions or something similar. You can probably win eventually but it likely won't be profitable unless you have good luck with spell drops.

Guess it bears remembering there's a difference between "trophy kill" solo'ing and every-day standard solo'ing.

Danth
Old 06-28-2021, 05:10 AM
Large Bat

Right now, i level a necro, ench, sk and a sham in parallel ( i go by example from 25 to 33 with one char and level next char )
I have already done the necro, enc, SK and right now I am in the process of bringing the sham to 33 , he is 27 atm .
I uses the same spot for all the 4 classes, mobs are not social and warrior type. the shaman is by far the most painfull to level . He is not really twinked, as the other chars, he uses a PWC as weapon. Even with max 2HB skill for his level, he misses a lot, takes quite a beating from mob, and between the spell fizlle, interupt and debuff resist, its quite a PITA.
Between and necro and sham, for levelling at that level at least, the necro is 20 times better, the enc and sk are pretty good with their own set of tools.
Im gonna stick with the shaman leveling but its far to be fun.

I will add that forthesham , you have Canni and regen at 24 but the ratio mana gained/ HP lost is really bad. For the necro , you can leech and remove HP not from yourself but from the mob to regen , which is obviously 10 times better
Forthe sham, the downtime between hp regen from canni and the spells you have to recast on yourself like dex, str, agi, and regen, is just really bad, compared to necro/
Last edited by rustyfingers; 06-28-2021 at 05:17 AM..
Old 06-29-2021, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did a bit of testing tonight. Don't think a Shaman can solo GWurms. They just hit too hard. Their ability to double attack for 500 is just too much for Torpor to handle, even with Turgurs Insects applied.
wrong again, shaman can solo Gwurms and race won't matter.

Stop giving people awful shaman advice just because you can't play the class to it's fullest potential.
I don't even believe you have solo'd ayillish, which is easier than Gwurm.

For anyone wondering, Ayillish can be solo'd by a torpor shaman without clickies.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-29-2021 at 04:10 AM..
Old 06-29-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wrong again, shaman can solo Gwurms and race won't matter.

Stop giving people awful shaman advice just because you can't play the class to it's fullest potential.
I don't even believe you have solo'd ayillish, which is easier than Gwurm.

For anyone wondering, Ayillish can be solo'd by a torpor shaman without clickies.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just did some testing and reported my results. It was only an hour or two lol. I never claimed my opinion to be the end all be all of the discussion. So far, no one has come back and told me otherwise, or how they soloed a GWurm.

Would you mind actually showing us how you soloed a GWurm, instead of just bashing other people for no reason? I am not sure why you are doubting I have soloed Ayillish before, but you have just as little proof of the feat as I do. So again, maybe show your work[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: For a bit of clarification, I don't use clickies at all, such as puppet strings, wort pots, etc. Too lazy to recharge and fund them. So when I say "can't be soloed", I usually mean it in that context. I apologize for not making that distinction. I prefer to push the limits of what a Shaman can do with just their existing toolkit.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-29-2021 at 11:46 AM..
Old 07-08-2021, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Soloing a Gwurm on a shaman can be done, but you're gonna have a bad day if you get some resists.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Just rope some 51+ warrior in to eating a few hits with disc while you do the majority of the work.
Closed Thread