Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Pom cloak
Old 08-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lodi Shield or Hiero Cloak for back slot?
Honestly both if you can afford it. Heiro Cloak has no resists, so it isn't very good when fighting casters. Heiro cloak AC is also pretty meh. Use Heiro when you need max HP for a fight, use Lodi Shield for AC/Resist fights. If you can only afford one, I would go with Lodi Shield for resistances and much higher AC. It is also an EB item, so you are gaining stats elsewhere when you need EB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pom cloak
Yeah that's another option. PoM cloak is great if you can afford it for the extra HP, and you aren't STA capped. If you are STA capped, PoM cloak is honestly worse than Heiro Cloak. I would still run both PoM Cloak and Lodi Shield, swapping Lodi Shield for Resists/AC when needed. PoM cloak resists aren't nearly enough to make it a one size fits all item sadly.

EDIT: To be clear, I am talking about PoM cloak for Knights specifically. PoM cloak is better for classes like warriors since they do not need mana. It's also better for Monks since they cannot use Lodi Shield.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-26-2021 at 01:35 PM..
Old 08-26-2021, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Depends on race, 15 sta is lot. My human pally is 254? Sta buffed without pe. Sta hard to get on non large races. Still has MR where heiro don't ontop and significant more hp then Lodi considering sta.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on race, 15 sta is lot. My human pally is 254? Sta buffed without pe. Sta hard to get on non large races. Still has MR where heiro don't ontop and significant more hp then Lodi considering sta.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, 15 STA is great on most Paladins since they are small races, and it is nice to have the 10mr on top of it.

However, there are two things you need to consider:
1. Heiro Cloak gives you a good chunk of mana, so you are basically trading max HP for another heal, so it ends up being a wash in reality, unless you are fighting something super hard like raid mobs. When STA capped, the only benefit PoM cloak gives over Heiro is the resistances and a bit more AC, at the cost of 30 HP and like 110 mana.

2. If you really need to go ham on resistances for a fight at the cost of HP/Mana, Lodi Shield is hands down the better option. VERY few items give +50 total resistances to FR/CR/MR in the game, so Lodi is a great stress reliever on your other slots. That means you gain some of that HP back anyway by not having to unequip your HP items for resist pieces in other slots. On top of that, as a paladin, you benefit from the +WIS, so you still get some extra mana for another heal, whereas PoM Cloak has no mana.

PoM cloak is in a weird spot as an item, because it is better suited for solo play (because you will be easily STA capped in a group/raid). But with a Paladin, soloable mobs will give you time to heal, so the heiro cloak mana is actually pretty good. In groups/raids when you are STA capped, you lose the HP advantage of PoM cloak, so the only benefit you really get is the resistances. But if you need good resistances, Lodi Shield is way better hehe.

So overall I say PoM Cloak is something that is fun to get if you have the time/money, but it is actually kind of underwhelming for it's price/rarity when compared to the other items. You can get a Heiro Cloak + Lodi Shield for less than a PoM cloak, that combo will be overall better than the PoM cloak (unless you are super lazy at swapping resistance items) and you can sell them both later when you get bored of your Pally[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2021, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, 15 STA is great on most Paladins since they are small races, and it is nice to have the 10mr on top of it.

However, there are two things you need to consider:
1. Heiro Cloak gives you a good chunk of mana, so you are basically trading max HP for another heal, so it ends up being a wash in reality, unless you are fighting something super hard like raid mobs. When STA capped, the only benefit PoM cloak gives over Heiro is the resistances and a bit more AC, at the cost of 30 HP and like 110 mana.

2. If you really need to go ham on resistances for a fight at the cost of HP/Mana, Lodi Shield is hands down the better option. VERY few items give +50 total resistances to FR/CR/MR in the game, so Lodi is a great stress reliever on your other slots. That means you gain some of that HP back anyway by not having to unequip your HP items for resist pieces in other slots. On top of that, as a paladin, you benefit from the +WIS, so you still get some extra mana for another heal, whereas PoM Cloak has no mana.

PoM cloak is in a weird spot as an item, because it is better suited for solo play (because you will be easily STA capped in a group/raid). But with a Paladin, soloable mobs will give you time to heal, so the heiro cloak mana is actually pretty good. In groups/raids when you are STA capped, you lose the HP advantage of PoM cloak, so the only benefit you really get is the resistances. But if you need good resistances, Lodi Shield is way better hehe.

So overall I say PoM Cloak is something that is fun to get if you have the time/money, but it is actually kind of underwhelming for it's price/rarity when compared to the other items. You can get a Heiro Cloak + Lodi Shield for less than a PoM cloak, that combo will be overall better than the PoM cloak (unless you are super lazy at swapping resistance items) and you can sell them both later when you get bored of your Pally[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hum pal or hum sk gonna have same stam issues , no one wants to be an ugly troll/ogre.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hum pal or hum sk gonna have same stam issues , no one wants to be an ugly troll/ogre.
If you don't care about the extra STA from being an Ogre/Troll, you shouldn't care about the extra STA from PoM cloak anyway hehe.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't care about the extra STA from being an Ogre/Troll, you shouldn't care about the extra STA from PoM cloak anyway hehe.
Gotta flex in a PD robe. Sorry you don't got.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Gotta flex in a PD robe. Sorry you don't got.
PD Robe sucks. You hide all the cool plate you get from being a tank class. Literally defeats the purpose of fashion questing as a plate class.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
PD Robe sucks. You hide all the cool plate you get from being a tank class. Literally defeats the purpose of fashion questing as a plate class.
That sounds like something someone without one would say.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That sounds like something someone without one would say.
Lol I feel like an Oracle (I guess I am one as a Shaman), I knew you were going to come back with that. I do not have one, as I need to show off my sexy plate.