Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone seriously tested this that the 20 extra cha is a better min max than the iksar ac bonus?
Not really sure if it is realistically possible to test this without support from the dev team (being able to see the code and check their logs of the fight). The problem with AC as a raid tank is quite a few high end raid targets just don't care that much about it. That is why max HP is king. AoW is hitting you for 800 minimum iirc, so the margin for reduction is only 354 damage maximum per swing. When something is hitting you that hard, you might as well just assume bad luck and plan for always getting hit for the max damage.

A break in the CH chain is going to be much more detrimental than getting hit for an extra hundred damage or so per hit. If your raid is doing it's job, spot healers should be making up for that 354 damage anyway between CH's. That is why the CHA is nice, for that random divine intervention when the cheetos powder clogs one of your Cleric's CH macro.

Does the extra Iksar AC help? Of course it does, but the gains are probably quite small with the AC softcap. I doubt it is considerably better statistically than the extra CHA. You just get healed too much and too often for AC to matter that much. It is more a low probability luck save, like you happen to reduce an extra 100 damage 5 times in a row, and that happened to occur when a cleric was a bit slow on the chain, and you happened to have that extra 500 hp worth of gear to survive one more hit.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

I feel like the 'Charisma is the best end game stat' is a meme that people started taking a little too seriously.

I've seen some pretty convincing math that the Iksar AC bonus is very effective, especially when tanking multiple targets. But personally I would never be able to give up an unlimited invis clicky to play Iksar when it comes to warrior.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like the 'Charisma is the best end game stat' is a meme that people started taking a little too seriously.

I've seen some pretty convincing math that the Iksar AC bonus is very effective, especially when tanking multiple targets. But personally I would never be able to give up an unlimited invis clicky to play Iksar when it comes to warrior.
charisma is needed for divine intervention. It's a must have for raids in Velious.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

i wish my ogre war was a gnome or halfling
Old 09-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Dunno why but when I compared soloing on gnome war with 40 extra haste from arms with my troll war on same level (46) it still felt troll was better in long run.. perhaps it was the regen.. or haste is not that great one would think.. both used same eq and rbb as belt haste
Old 09-19-2021, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno why but when I compared soloing on gnome war with 40 extra haste from arms with my troll war on same level (46) it still felt troll was better in long run.. perhaps it was the regen.. or haste is not that great one would think.. both used same eq and rbb as belt haste
Yeah Haste is going to get better at higher levels, because your main hand damage bonus increases. At lower levels, especially if you already have fairly low delay weapons, it probably won't be as noticeable. There is also a haste cap in place, so levels 1-30 you can only get 50% haste max anyway. I know that isn't applicable to your 40ish characters, but that would be another reason why Haste didn't feel as good in the lower levels. Your 71% haste from arms + RBB was actually only 50%.

But yeah Regen and extra STR for more ATK is nothing to sneeze at. My first main on live was a Troll Warrior and I loved it.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Haste doesn’t feel as noticeable in the low levels because everything is easy. Mobs scale significantly in the 40’s especially outside classic content. Oggok bouncers to Grobb bashers for example almost double in hit points. Drolvarg ragers to ravishers is a world of difference.

Troll regen in the 40’s to low 50’s really isn’t much of a difference. Not like capping haste with clicks. Slam is nice as is the strength. Mostly the POV of looking down at a noble instead up at at one means a lot. It might be placebo effect but it does have an impact on your game.
Last edited by Snaggles; 09-19-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Old 09-21-2021, 02:42 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah the regen is nice though if u are lazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] on gnome im using cobalt bp to heal but then I need to klick each 15 second and be standing. on troll I can just sit on my lazy butt for awhile.. from level 51 its pretty nice regen
Old 09-29-2021, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the regen is nice though if u are lazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] on gnome im using cobalt bp to heal but then I need to klick each 15 second and be standing. on troll I can just sit on my lazy butt for awhile.. from level 51 its pretty nice regen
You can do a keyboard macro for BP heals. It works wonder for super fast afk regen without having to click bp every 15sec. Also gnome is superior to troll due to innate ability to wear cool glasses and wall vision. Just add fungi.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do a keyboard macro for BP heals. It works wonder for super fast afk regen without having to click bp every 15sec. Also gnome is superior to troll due to innate ability to wear cool glasses and wall vision. Just add fungi.
Just fyi keyboard macros are not allowed on p99 and considered cheating [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]