Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Kobold

Have to pull carfully. Though they all have tons of HP
(read : finger/wrist pain)
Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Levels 18 - 24 : East Karana, everything in zone is great
Levels 24 - 30/31/32 : South Karana, everything in zone that doesn't cast which is nearly everything. It gets harder to push to 32, but well worth for the next hot spot.
Levels 32-48/49/50 : Overthere, Eastern/Southern side. Loved this zone, it is a major Bard kiting hot spot. Exp slows down a bit at 47 but still amazing and easy to coast up to 50 and which point you can move to...
Levels 50+ : Burning Woods, much more challenging but still lots of mobs to snag and a few spots to kite them at.
I'm just starting this path now at 18. Got 2 kites done in EK and died a few times too... problem I'm finding is a good bind place close to EK, cause getting a port from GFay -> Karanas after each death is lame. Is Highkeep the closest? And what about South Karana, Highkeep again?

Could've sworn there was something funky about the bridge in Karana where you could bind on the bridges or at guard towers but no where else?
Old 04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Gypsy camp in NK
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Just wanted to get this topic back alive. Just some tips on the camps listed so far that I have done.

• L7ish: The Bandit sister camp in GFay (location #3) - Watch out a few of these Sisters will backstab and can kill you quickly if you get in range.

The sisters and then Spiders/Tarantulas in Nro are what I have been practicing my kites on at this low level. I'm currently 13 but feel pretty confident with my kiting. The scarabs are easy the Tarantulas have a little bigger hit box so you have to essentially do two kites with these mobs grouped.

Great guide and for any bard out there who is having trouble, just start slow on the kite size. Start with 1 mob, if you can do 1 mob without getting hit, you can do 20 without getting hit and thats where you can start to reap the rewards.

Happy kiting fellow Bards
Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Kobold

I suck at kiting. Died a few times trying the bears, young pumas, and wisps. Just can't land the level 2 DoT. Guess I will wait until the level 18 to try again.

BTW, does anyone know why my run speed is so slow even with Selo's and a drum or even sowed?
Even naked without anything equipped to make me encumbered and running to get my corpse, it seems like I am barely moving. Whenever I am running to some place with someone, I always fall way behind.
It is my crappy laptop?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht Farstrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, does anyone know why my run speed is so slow even with Selo's and a drum or even sowed?
Even naked without anything equipped to make me encumbered and running to get my corpse, it seems like I am barely moving. Whenever I am running to some place with someone, I always fall way behind.
It is my crappy laptop?
You might have walk enabled. Try toggling the button on your action box thing, and I think the default hotkey to toggle run and walk is ctrl + R
Old 09-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht Farstrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suck at kiting. Died a few times trying the bears, young pumas, and wisps. Just can't land the level 2 DoT. Guess I will wait until the level 18 to try again.

It is my crappy laptop?
your run/walk button says walk right? If it does then most likely it is your crappy laptop then.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Yes, it does say walk. I tried turning off the sky, spells particles, and clip plane and all that but it is still slow.

Time to upgrade I guess but I don't really play another games on it so don't really want to spend the money.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

It is my crappy laptop?

Just a heads up for you. The 18 DoT range isn't night and day further. I really suggest you get to the point where you can kite with that level 2 dot. It will help you immensely to get comfortable with that dot range. That way once you get to 18 it will be that much easier. Just keep practicing, you will figure it out. Deaths will happen but it's all good when you are pulling in 60% of a level at 18 with a kite and 0 downtime between your next pull.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Where does one kite in BW? I tried right outside the sarnak fort but couldnt find an area completely clear of roaming sarnaks.

Thanks in advance!
Closed Thread