Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default What do YOU want?

i'm not doing a poll, because lets be honest, this is not a democracy. The overall vision for this server being a classic live like server with pvp turned on will not change. that being said, the staff strongly believes that we can keep that vision, while also improving the server, and making it more enjoyable for all of the players. Your ideas/opinions will be listened to, and considered. but that does not mean we are going to add things just because the people that want them know how to cry the loudest.

i've been reading many, many pvp threads. and quite honestly, they are pathetic. most people (not all) like to blame the staff yet fail to realize that they are their own biggest enemies, and their own biggest roadblocks (ie: wanting a bigger pop, then griefing players off the server). however, if u really want to continue to blame the staff, i'll gladly make Rogean apologize for providing the most legit EQpvp server that has ever graced the EQEmu project.

That being said, anyone that has anything at all to offer, i invite you to share it in this thread. as long as u do so in a professional and civilized manner, i will read every single idea/comment/suggestion, and i will also forward them to the rest of the staff so that the ideas can at least be brought to the table and discussed by the staff.

Again, this is not a complaint thread, this is a suggestion/idea thread. if you have a complaint, you better follow it up with how you would improve it.

PS- and if you shit up my thread with trolling, shit-talking, or some other form or dumb immature BS, i'm going to ban you on every level i have access to, repeatedly, until Rogean removes me from staff.

PPS- not really looking to do a Q&A here. if u ask questions and i dont answer, don't get all pissy. just send me a PM. i may however ask follow up questions to players with suggestions, so that i can acquire more information on the suggestion on behalf of myself or the rest of the staff.

Love,
Sirken
Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

Could write a TLDR post but that would be TLDR. I'll keep it short and simple.

Priority

Yellow Text - People want it, it attracts pvp, much lols will be had. The few things I took away from my LoZ experience was this. It really was fun and it even made grinding more enjoyable knowing someone is getting their asses kicked. Ultimately this game is for entertainment and no other feature entertains more than YT.

Resists - Must stay true to providing a balanced resist system over a classic one. Classic resists were built around the game being new and a lot of things were unknown/undiscovered. It was also built around a bigger population size and the availability of resist gear. No way in hell did they expect more than half the population to be decked out in blue diamond gear by Kunark. I am not saying the current system doesn't need a little tweak here and there but not at the expense of every melee being John Rambo with a few pieces of MR gear.

Secondary (please don't judge me, I am merely throwing things out there)

Leaderboard - I think leaderboard coupled with incentives is a great way to encourage pvp. Similiar to diablo II ladder, we would have "seasons." The person with the most kills at the end of the season would receive and in-game title he would wear until the next season is over then the next winner receives the title. Gives those solo pvpers something to work for.

One More Red Guide - One more guide/gm for red would be nice. Again nothing that would make me quit if it didn't happen but would definitely be appreciated by those who have waited days for assistance. Not that you aren't on everyday but its easy to miss Sirken by an hour or two multiple days in a row.

Increase PvP Rez Timer - The victors of a pvp encounter should be able to rez the dead (assuming they have a cleric ofc.) It would allow the victors to maintain zone control and reimburse the xp lost to their teammates. This will also encourage people to be civil so that should they lose a major battle, they can ask the victors to rez and scoot.

Controversial

No Rules/No GM Intervention - Too much rule lawyering and he said/she said bs. There were times pre-Kunark when we decided not to port up to planes to pvp for fear of accidently training the opposition then being banned. I've seen both sides train (not in a few months) during Naggy pvp but I wasn't pro enough to keep FRAPs running 24/7. My point is training is something you cannot enforce 24/7. We have xp loss which is straight outta the SZ playbook so its not too crazy to say we need a FFA server. I wasn't going to mention names but this is common server knowledge that Slathar repeatedly trained people on a daily basis. I have no clue how he managed to sweet talk his way out of dozens of petitions but he did. Let us pvp without having to worry about one pathing kobold training the entire zone.

Hard-coded Teams - I saw Seary say something so I just had to add it to my collection of suggestions. Above all else, this would be the best change for me. However I browse the forums daily and know this is not what a lot of people want. I'll keep this as a suggestion and add more to it later but yeah, I would totally leave for a less populated server if it had hard-coded teams.

Enable /testbuff - I do not agree with character transfers nor character copies from blue. I can however live with /testbuff. For those of you who never tried the live testserver /testbuff leveled you to 20, gave you all spells up to 20, skills maxed to 20, and you were given a handful of newbie gear for each slot. Maybe the gear thing would be too far because it was pretty good stuff. I believe it was better than sol ro armor or equivilant but I wouldnt mind new players going straight to 20. I mean it wouldnt be much different than now. Most melees dont survive low levels. The ones that do are either twinked or PLed. At least if they started out 20 they could head to unrest/wherever to find some groupage. Personally it would be nice not having to worry about brand new toons. Also at level 20, ANY class is able to somewhat farm. Sisters in Lfay anyone? I think any higher than 20 will be pushing it though. I've thought about this before but figured it would be too insane to bring up but with recent crazytalk of character transfers, I figured it'd me okay to suggest.

Note: I will be editing the hell out of this until I get it right and as I add more stuff. I think everyone should keep their suggests to one post unless you get locked out of editing it.
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-15-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could write a TLDR post but that would be TLDR. I'll keep it short and simple.
SamWise brings up a good point

for the record, i know everyone is busy, and twitter has grossly limited people's thoughts to about 150characters. but, you would not want the staff to run the server with a short and simple approach. you want them to be detailed, specific, and precise.

and we (the staff) want the same from you. give me the most detailed, specific, precise version of your ideas and suggestions.

if they really are important to you, then everyone should be able to take 5-10 minutes to actually write them out with specific details, examples, etc. i promise no post will be ignored by me on the grounds of TLDR. if you take the time to write it, i promise you I'll take the time to read it.

<3
Last edited by Sirken; 09-12-2012 at 09:23 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Banned

Red99 running like a well oiled machine. No changes needed.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Priority

Yellow Text - I agree that yellow text would be an easy change and good for server.

Resists - I would like to add to this point that there is a considerable amount of low level griefing caused by root always landing. The majority of the low level pvp that I have encountered involved either myself getting rooted while kiting mobs and taking pve exp loss or my target dying in the same fashion. The amount of MR needed to resist root could scale up based upon level.

Exp rate - Keep the server accessible to the fully employed older folk with limited play time. It's nice being able to login and pvp all night instead of trying to use your limited play time to grind.

Secondary

Leaderboard - I would prefer a zone control map (based upon guilds controlling zones) to a leader board. It recognizes team play rather than the individual and discourages griefing.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Remove experience loss from pvp. Playing mostly on pve servers during my EQ career (2000-2007) experience loss for pvp encounters discourages me. Grinding to max level sucks enough, why make it even harder? PVP should liven the EQ experience, not make it harder
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned

Wow, who the fuck deleted my post history.

I am crushed.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned

Honestly I can be pretty concise.

I want the dev (whoever he, she or they may be) to come here and clearly say "here's what I will work on and be open to" and "here's what isn't happening".

For instance Nilbog and Rogean, or just Rogean, or whoever posts a sticky: "I will not be looking at resists" or "I will never consider item loot for this server". We've already heard "I will not wipe the box" -- which was pretty effective. I know for a fact no matter what happens here, no wipe.

Next, I personally still believe the intention is for a classic pvp ffa server. For FFA that is a Rallos Zek server. Other people disagree. However, its not my server or any other nonadmin's posting here. We can end a lot of disputes with that being clearly stated and that is that there is no intention to try and model the Rallos Zek server directly.

The other is things like mage bolts through walls or the bond of death icon not appearing on players. Some people are actually in favor of things like this. Hence my next point. If the server owner wants a true classic EQ server? Stop listening to these people. Things like invis pulling also have no place and it is discouraging to see so many people try to defend it, it is ridiculous. At the very least we do need an answer for the planning and time line to deal with things like this. The bond of death issue thread has no responses.

As far as YT has gone? I've gotten by just fine with hitting the screen shot button. That's how it worked. Now if they want another VZTZ box with fast xp and yellow text? And 90% of the population wants it? Fine, say no more. I think a leader board is classic (for Sullon Zek) and has many more benefits than just YT. It settles arguments before they even start for the most part and generates page hits for the site owners. Win/win, existed on a classic server. I personally didn't come here for another VZTZ box.

I'd also like to make this next statement objectively and not as a doom sayer or troll:
What is the plan if the box population hits and stays at 0 for a while? Big if, but just curious. I think the answer is that it just stays how it is.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-12-2012 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

There should be no exp penalty on pvp deaths. I'd get into detail but I often notice that the more intelligent a post is on this forum, the less attention it gets.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd get into detail but I often notice that the more intelligent a post is on this forum, the less attention it gets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and we (the staff) want the same from you. give me the most detailed, specific, precise version of your ideas and suggestions.

if they really are important to you, then everyone should be able to take 5-10 minutes to actually write them out with specific details, examples, etc. i promise no post will be ignored by me on the grounds of TLDR. if you take the time to write it, i promise you I'll take the time to read it.

<3
A+ Job
Closed Thread