Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol @ these pixel addicts screaming that the economy will implode if item recharging is removed. The only things that will implode are the cheesy raiding strategies that have been propped up by the thoroughly unclassic widespread use of recharged clickies. And on that same note, SoulFire should be Paldin-only clickable. Did you just hear that sound? That was the sound of a thousand neckbeards wailing in unison.
absolutely agree with you, should be pally only clickable like other class items are, pallies cant even do their epics half the time cause neckbeards are camping lucan
Old 09-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question then becomes why not turn all rechargeable items into unlimited charges? It's the SAME thing. Yes, the SAME thing. Literally. Think about it for a second...why do items with charges even exist if you can just recharge them? Hmmm...maybe now some of you might realize how dumb this is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if they did the economy would instantly hyperinflate and implode
lol
Old 09-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

also you'd have like, infinite aggro generation, infinite CHs, but im lazy and the other reason is pretty strong
Old 09-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also you'd have like, infinite aggro generation, infinite CHs, but im lazy and the other reason is pretty strong
just put cast times on those items then...making them worthless, same effect as removing charging items. What's the difference? It's already unclassic being able to recharge items...why stop there?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Recharging is completely classic. My guild on live frequently recharged our vox rez staff (iirc the cost was over a million pp), puppet strings, etc. Pretty sure there were no non-paladins farming Soulfires just for the CH click, though.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Aviak

Multiquesting was absolutely a known mechanic. It's too bad EZboard took a giant shit and never got a good backup, but people absolutely knew how to MQ epic items. I won the nagafen book at an open raid and went to the Paladins of Norrath ezboard to read how to MQ the frost book from a friend in the strategy library section. I know there was a popular monk epic guide that referenced MQing the pipes. Velious armor MQs, mostly thurg, got sold somewhat commonly or passed between guildmates. "everyone needs faction, person to get the reward goes last".

Charming and faction were also well known. I know Concert Hall explained flat out how to get the OT hammer with charm. I can't believe if the bards had this in their guide section, necros and enchanters just had no idea. Puppet strings weren't a secret item, put 2+2 together.

The only thing that you could make an argument for that wasn't super common knowledge was recharging. Even then, if you were in a halfway serious raiding guild you knew at least something was up. But it was kept kinda hush compared to multiquesting.

The other part was that on live, if you handed an item to someone you better god damn well trust them to give it back. Now, I'm sure there were exceptions here and there, but overall the widespread stance was if you traded something to someone the GMs weren't going to give back an item if they ran off with it. If you handed some stranger your strings and they ran off you were most likely shit out of luck, it didn't matter what screenshots or logs you had of whatever agreement, the trade button was final.

That, and not wanting recharging to be widely known, is what stopped the widespread sale of and everyone having OT hammers like here, lol, it wasn't that people didn't know how faction, charm, and quests worked, that's absurd.
Last edited by Daud; 09-08-2019 at 01:27 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just put cast times on those items then...making them worthless, same effect as removing charging items. What's the difference? It's already unclassic being able to recharge items...why stop there?
recharging is classic
Old 09-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The question then becomes why not turn all rechargeable items into unlimited charges? It's the SAME thing. Yes, the SAME thing. Literally. Think about it for a second...why do items with charges even exist if you can just recharge them? Hmmm...maybe now some of you might realize how dumb this is.
To put it simply: because the current number of items seems balanced, 10 years of constant bickering players proves this.

I see this happen when people discuss things now a days a lot, like for example if someone says they like it when it rains, that does not mean they want to live underwater.

Also changing the items to unlimited is nothing even remotely close to what I was talking about lol so maybe that's why you think its so "dumb"

I said I like that you have to go to merchants.

I like that you have to pay them destroying plat keeping our economy strong.

Your change would eliminate two major factors that makes item recharging balanced gameplay, and then you're like "SCOFF! SEE HOW DUMB THIS IS IF ITS LIKE THIS" its like yea no kidding that's a bad idea dude, you came up with it on your own though so why are you telling me its a bad idea?

lol
Old 09-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
recharging is classic
Lol show me proof bud. Recharging is not classic at all...I guarantee you 90% of the server will agree with this. Recharging has absolutely destroyed P99's classicness.

This newest patch is proof they are wanting the server to be as classic as it can by removing the Pet Window.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol show me proof bud. Recharging is not classic at all...I guarantee you 90% of the server will agree with this. Recharging has absolutely destroyed P99's classicness.

This newest patch is proof they are wanting the server to be as classic as it can by removing the Pet Window.
naw