Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default Sir Lucan D'Lere not classic; has tethered guard

I tried soloing Sir Lucan on red and no matter where you aggro him, Guard Doolin shouts that I don't belong in Freeport and aggros.

This isn't classic at all. Sir Lucan D'Lere could be isolated from the other guards by simply pulling him to the zone, snaring him, and zoning, OR, just zoning and having someone Non-KOS hail him while the rest of the guards walked back to town.

Currently, Sir Lucan, even if he's alone at the zoneline, will cause Doolin back in freeport to aggro, which then brings all the other gatehouse guards, including the newbie guards at the entrance who are magic immune and hit like trucks.

There's no mention of Doolin ever being a tether for Sir Lucan.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Unless something has changed recently, Lucan is tethered to Brother Jentry.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting, I keep getting Guard Doolin yelling at me. Jentry shouldn't be tethered either.

No tethers!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

No mobs are specifically tethered to Lucan from what I have seen. You can pull him out, separate him from his guards, and then zone the other guards. I have not tried it solo, but I tend to use roots, and zone out and have a buddy tag the isolated Lucan and start the encounter. I always zone back to no adds, no Jentry or otherwise.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

On live, Jentry was always tethered to Lucan, at least from classic to the end of velious.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

EDIT: Ok trip report, pulled D'Lere toward the NFP zone, never got Doolin rage, but did get Jentry. Need to do it another 4-5 times but it'd make sense that Jentry is pulling all the other guards, at least on Red he is.

I can't find anything on Jentry being tethered during this era, was that a for sure thing? I solo'ed in him roughly 2001 on my gnome necro back in the day.
Last edited by Potus; 06-30-2014 at 04:24 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Ultimately, memory is a poor record keeper. The tether, as I remember it from back then, was breakable with sufficient enough distance (how it is on p1999). So if you separated Jentry from Lucan far enough, and wipe aggro, the tether breaks. It's merely a huuuuuuuuge social aggro range. But again, that memory could be faulty as well.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 06-30-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

even a freshly SPAWNED Jentry ( aka u kill him and he repops bc ur a druid and take forever to kill Lucan ) will come running to assist his BFF
Old 06-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

I cannot find any definitive proof that Jentry was tethered to him.

There's a couple of posts on Allakhazams that say he can be isolated and easily killed using the zone and mez/root/snare/hail method.

But then there are two people claiming he either calls the zone down or that Jentry will assist (probably more likely that Jentry aggros everyone like how it is here).

I don't recall him doing so on live, he was a push over to solo for a necro in the low 50s. Priest of Discord was way more difficult to solo.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Banned

I gotta agree with one thing absolutely for sure.

I don't know of any NPCs off the top of my head that will zone wide assist each other if split up. I am aware of CT/Vulak calls to other npcs if they are up, but Lucan didn't do anything like that.

That said? Guards did have large agro ranges but splitting these two up should be possible but tricky given the amount of "pals" of theirs around. I'm not sure on either of their magic resists (as far as pacify is concerned) as I never tried a stunt like this on live (dark elf wizard, imagine how this might go) and it may very well be different from the patrolling scum guards.

As far as solo'ing him without zone tactics... heh hm. Maybe/probably but NPCs regenned real fast (faster than a compliment of necro dots) and we weren't installing this game on RAM and light speed zoning back in 1999.

As far as solo'ing the priest of discord? Again, probably zone tactics but show me a link of people doing that :P. Only way I remember that happening was people charming bats on him to agro gfay guards or a quite a strong group composition. You might be able to do it in some city zones with people taking turns charming guards into them and zoning... but charm wouldn't ever hold very well on a guard... maybe with big tash+malo..