Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kich I've seen that method done with sous vide. Supposedly comes out very consistent throughout the entire steak.
Ah! Sous vide is something I'd also like to try at some point. My instinct is always just to cook shit in a pan, I like to be involved and active in the process haha.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Banned

Throw it in a pot of water, add some veggies and salt, baby you got a stew going
Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Throw it in a pot of water, add some veggies and salt, baby you got a stew going
I've been getting into buy whole chickens lately. Disassemble, roast the carcass for a bit, toss it in the slow cooker with carrots, onions, celery, pepper, some other shit, let that go for like 18-24 hours. You get hella chicken stock out of it.

Then later, take chicken thighs, deskin them, toss skin in the pan to let it render. Use the chicken skin oil to lightly cook the thighs in (just the outside), use that and the chicken stock to make soup. Pour the oil into the pot that shits mad chickeny.

You sorta have to find and grab the bones out of the soup later but its not that hard and that shit comes out ridic.

The only real problem is that doing all of that takes awhile, but I've gotten pretty decent at carving chickens up. And you get food for like the entire week and its way cheaper than buying that shit individually.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you cook it if you were me? I can use a natural gas grill or a cast-iron skillet. Or the oven, I guess, but why would you do a steak in the oven? idk
Sear all 6 sides 1 minute on stovetop pan on high heat, then broil for about 10-12minutes. Take some fresh butter just a thin slice and let it soak on the steak for about 3-5min after it comes out of the oven in a little foil tent/sauna.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

cajun seasoning, hard sear both sides for caramelization, baste, top w bleu cheese and melt in the oven until desired done-ness.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cajun seasoning, hard sear both sides for caramelization, baste, top w bleu cheese and melt in the oven until desired done-ness.
I am in the minority that cannot stand the taste/smell of bleu cheese... Publix had these roast beef blue cheese subs that made me vomit one time.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sear all 6 sides 1 minute on stovetop pan on high heat, then broil for about 10-12minutes. Take some fresh butter just a thin slice and let it soak on the steak for about 3-5min after it comes out of the oven in a little foil tent/sauna.
In terms of a simplicity to effectiveness ratio. . . I think we found a winner.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of a simplicity to effectiveness ratio. . . I think we found a winner.
You have the right idea.

It's a ribeye. Stick it on a grill and cook it, it'll turn out great. All these people posting about globbing butter onto it lol
Old 01-12-2021, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have the right idea.

It's a ribeye. Stick it on a grill and cook it, it'll turn out great. All these people posting about globbing butter onto it lol
Yea, this is what I was thinking. You pay good money for a ribeye because it is up there as one of the best steaks. You don't need to mess with it too much.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Sear on the stove and finish it in the oven.

Remove from the oven and let it rest. While it rests, take all the juice and reduce it into gravy. Ideally, you'll be deglazing the pan and cooking down some onion or mushrooms while the steak is in the oven

This is the proper way. If you haven't cooked a proper steak, you owe it to yourself. You have to do it this way or you're just wasting good meat and wasting your life because you *could* have had a great meal but decided not to
Closed Thread