Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default Planes of Power: Best solo class

I know this is not going to happen on this server but what was the best solo class during that time period and why? I played during this era but remember almost nothing
Old 03-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Depends if you mean killing named or if you mean raw exp.

I believe enchanter with dire charm is prob the best solo'er for named. I believe a necro in crypt of decay with the right skills/AA can win the raw exp prize.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger with headshot.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

If I am remembering correctly my monk on retail was able to solo the pofear golems and I had them on farm for like 2 weeks and sold a handful of AoN in that time. There was a discipline that absorbed the cazic touch and I was able to burn down the golem before the next cazic touch. I might be mis-remembering that though it its possible it was the next expansion after PoK when lvl cap was raised to 70 and epic 1.5/2.0 was introduced but I'm pretty sure I remember doing it at 65 during PoK era with full potime/planar gear and monks were the only class able to do so.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Ranger for GE leveling with Headshot AA.

Enc best for charm soloing/ganking namers. lvl 64 charm spell.

You will still earn more exp while grouping over soloing. All the people that want to just solo should go to a LIVE server not a TLP server.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 03-19-2017, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Enchanter for rediculous charm pets. Necro in CoD and tactics is good. Mage in BoT was alright.

Almost no trash summons so any kiting class is good. Bards destroyed HoH. Wizards quaded fire tables.

But basically enchanter for soloing named.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:31 PM
Kobold

Wizards quadding fire tables caused the exp share across long distances to be nerfed IIRC. One would quad fire tables, with others quadding in other parts of fire, able to get a 6 man group all soloing and get the full group exp bonus.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Pop had nerfed charmed pet I'm pretty sure. they'd do like 1/3 of normal damage. I dunno if that went in later or right from launch. I remember giving weapons to knights in Hoh and hasting them and have them destroy my pet and break charm at 1% and nuking to finish. It was pretty ridiculous xp as the knights would quad for like 600 and take my pet down in 20 seconds.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by warplague [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pop had nerfed charmed pet I'm pretty sure. they'd do like 1/3 of normal damage.
I'm pretty sure this didn't happen in PoP. I played in and after PoP, but my first memory of the reduced damage with charmed pets came at least a few xpacs later when I learned of the change first hand upon returning to the game (again). The "wtf is this shit?!" memories are very vivid. I do remember soloing in... uh... POV I think... and not having issues with pets not holding their own against NPCs. I actually remember coming back and playing in POP zones at a point when they were literally empty all the time even and not running into the pet damage issue.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-20-2017 at 07:42 AM..
Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Charm pet got nerfed in GoD?

IIRC everything outside of Nedaria's Landing was vastly overtuned, and the hyperbole at the time was only warriors with defensive and shield or enchanter pets could tank anything (so of course they nerfed charm pets).
Closed Thread