Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So then push for a footrace for Trak.
This is not the problem with Trak. Let me put it this way... the longer the window had been open without a pop, the more likely it was that ST had competition for the mob. The one time I was there to contest Trak it was something ridiculous like only 1 hour left in window. Same with the couple VS races I've been to.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi for a tank? Lolwut

Beside a lot of the clickies are game changing.
Fungi tunic is the best item in Classic->velious EverQuest. Every second spent not wearing it is ignorant
Old 02-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not the problem with Trak. Let me put it this way... the longer the window had been open without a pop, the more likely it was that ST had competition for the mob. The one time I was there to contest Trak it was something ridiculous like only 1 hour left in window. Same with the couple VS races I've been to.
Craziness. Sounds like there was more competition for Trak in kunark era of Blue.

Ya'll don't have two monitors so that you can watch netflix and see trak pop in your peripheral vision??

I'm kind of with you though. The only times i've showed up to races with the intention to see it through to the end are usually on shorter windows.

But it doesn't make much sense to me that Blue has 2 guilds with mages on poop mountain for 16 hours, but green doesn't.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't hate the idea, and appreciate a new take other than "rotate the mobs because durr mario kart". But this would undoubtedly also fall into Seal Team's favor.

We're not talking about a racing game. We're talking about ways to settle mobs without it being a freebie or a 16 hour poopsock. Again, everything that happens post race would play out exactly as a classic EQ raid would.

Racing has an element of chance to it. It's also very, very fun. I don't ever see raiders who played in the FTE lockout era complain that it wasn't fun back then.

Actually, in fact, the only complaints i've ever heard about it, was that Sirken made the race/lockout rules in order to give casual guilds a chance... and they rarely attended them, so he did away with it.

Rushing from the start of seb all the way down to trak's lair for FTE requires team coordination at best(GROUP DA, Eating trains, etc), and a certain amount of dumb luck at worst. I wouldn't necessarily want to be in pole position running through the mushroom caves unless I was DA'd.
Racing in a zone where people are exping in is a train wreck. What do you tell people? Get trained or log out while we train mobs through the zone? At that point, just roll for the mob.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi tunic is the best item in Classic->velious EverQuest. Every second spent not wearing it is ignorant
Yeah that 16 regen is totally gonna save your ass while you're tanking, oh wait!

Fungi tunic is rubbish for a tank.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Craziness. Sounds like there was more competition for Trak in kunark era of Blue.

Ya'll don't have two monitors so that you can watch netflix and see trak pop in your peripheral vision??

I'm kind of with you though. The only times i've showed up to races with the intention to see it through to the end are usually on shorter windows.

But it doesn't make much sense to me that Blue has 2 guilds with mages on poop mountain for 16 hours, but green doesn't.
Beyond the point.

Waiting staring at a screen for 16 hours isn't the opposite of fun, the opposite of bein competitive, it requieres no skill, a monkey could do it.

We can just save everyone the bloody headache by finding creative solution, like waiting 20mn to engage + roll to emulate randomness, along with snake type rotated content like on blue, not everything has to be competition, rotation ARE classic, they happened on live too, people weren't as greedy.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beyond the point.

Waiting staring at a screen for 16 hours isn't the opposite of fun, the opposite of bein competitive, it requieres no skill, a monkey could do it.

We can just save everyone the bloody headache by finding creative solution, like waiting 20mn to engage + roll to emulate randomness, along with snake type rotated content like on blue, not everything has to be competition, rotation ARE classic, they happened on live too, people weren't as greedy.
I'd 100% counterargue that players on live were infinitely more greedy than on p99. I mean, when was the last time you saw a scammer in EC? Meanwhile on p99, i'd trust just about anyone with a recognizable guild tag to xfer items for me.

If you're so worried about the exp group at Myconid_spore_king (Because unless i'm grossly underestimating the amount of players camping seb, King should be the only group exposed to a train starting from the zoneline) Like I said, you can easily require the guilds competing to kill the 17 frogs that are in between the zoneline, and the mushrooms. It would take two raid guilds all of 5 minutes to kill these mobs. Leaving PLENTY of time to zone out and back in again and start the race before repops.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'd 100% counterargue that players on live were infinitely more greedy than on p99. I mean, when was the last time you saw a scammer in EC? Meanwhile on p99, i'd trust just about anyone with a recognizable guild tag to xfer items for me.

If you're so worried about the exp group at Myconid_spore_king (Because unless i'm grossly underestimating the amount of players camping seb, King should be the only group exposed to a train starting from the zoneline) Like I said, you can easily require the guilds competing to kill the 17 frogs that are in between the zoneline, and the mushrooms. It would take two raid guilds all of 5 minutes to kill these mobs. Leaving PLENTY of time to zone out and back in again and start the race before repops.
Or ya'll can keep losing 16 hour coth races to Seal Team. IDC, I don't play on Green. Rogean has shot down rotations multiple times. Raiding EverQuest without the possibility that someone might take your mob makes the content stale. Playing in AM when AW was suspended for months on end was some of the most boring raids i've been a part of. In fact, i'd go as far as to say if Rotations were enforced since the beginning, this server would probably have half as many players. People have been raiding for over a decade for a reason. They have fun. The content itself is trivial.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Velious era windows in classic for a year do a number on trickle-over of poop-socking personalities.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Beyond the point.

The snake draft is quarterly. (I like it for what it's worth) Meanwhile, (again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) There was open raids once a month, or 3x as much on Green before everyone picked up their pitchforks and tried to bully the GM's into a decision they have been routinely against since the projects inception.

Also, again, Rotating end game dragons was not classic. VP wasn't cleared on live until JUST before velious released, as pointed out by another member a few pages back.

Also there is like 6 items from VP that don't become obsolete in 5 months with the release of Velious. Ya'll aren't getting the big picture here. How are you going to keep Seal Team out of Sleeper's Tomb, where the REAL big boy legacy items are, before they wake the sleeper? If stomp your feet and cry because you can't win a dragon with 25 hp?