Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-16-2022, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Default Shattered Emerald of Corruption

Question

I saw in the wiki the Shattered Emerald of Corruption was going for about 40 to 80K for the MQ yet I have seen a lot of Blue Trader threads saying it starts at 200K. When did this change and why? Was the Gem an always drop from Innorruk at one time?
Old 05-16-2022, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Verrant decided the ranger epic was too hard so removed the Innorruk bottle neck and replaced it with the minis, which were a small array of far tinier bottlenecks. On p1999 this means Innorruk’s heart is much harder to obtain once it is patched to the ‘easier’ itemisation.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-16-2022, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like it's harder to get after the change. It used to take a raid force when it dropped off Inni so if you actively raided you would see one every now and then. On minis, though, they're farmable by a small crew. If you don't set up something for yourself and track minis, the chances if seeing one drop in the normal course of raiding seem to be far less. On the flip side, there are probably more total emeralds dropping, you just gotta fork out plat to farmers that are likely intentionally inflating prices for profit.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

there's a group of players that log out inside hate and farm mini's pretty constantly. they've been busted at least one time that I know of, but you have to do a lot of violations to get booted off this server.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

If you just call rogean’s boss you can get your ban reverted I heard from a friend
Old 05-20-2022, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

It’s way more rare now. Way more rare.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s way more rare now. Way more rare.
I believe it. It feels like it's been a year since I got Swiftwind on my ranger. Don't really have any expectation of ever getting Earthcaller. I only play a handful of hours a week. In those handful of hours, it's extremely rare that my guild is going to be in Hate. If they do go, I'd have to be lucky for a mini to be up, and then drop the emerald, and not be outbid by someone with a million DKP taking one for their level 51 ranger alt, lol.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:26 AM
Orc

what can we buy if we have 200k budget?
Old 06-01-2022, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it. It feels like it's been a year since I got Swiftwind on my ranger. Don't really have any expectation of ever getting Earthcaller. I only play a handful of hours a week. In those handful of hours, it's extremely rare that my guild is going to be in Hate. If they do go, I'd have to be lucky for a mini to be up, and then drop the emerald, and not be outbid by someone with a million DKP taking one for their level 51 ranger alt, lol.
SBoZ MH and keep a Swarmcaller in inventory.

There, just saved you a 200k mq...for the price of a tradeable 40-50k weapon.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SBoZ MH and keep a Swarmcaller in inventory.

There, just saved you a 200k mq...for the price of a tradeable 40-50k weapon.
It is kinda sad, but this guy is right. In fact, for the period where Willsapper was 50% slow and Earthcaller was no longer 70%, Sapper was essentially a straight upgrade to Earthcaller.

These days, Swiftblade of Zek, Exquisite Hammer/Spear, The Horn of Hsagra, Willsapper, Blam Stick, Tsiraka's Claws, etc. along with a Swarmcaller is probably the way to go, as you'd want to swap out Earthcaller after proccing either way.

In terms of value, Swiftblade of Zek, Swiftwind, and Swarmcaller is probably the sweet spot.