Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

So the damage goes up with ATK, and its just using the ATK increase from STR on the character sheet for the calculation? If that's all that's going wrong I can stick notes on the wiki. Everything else I wrote I guess is still fine except for the straight damage calculation with ATK

Weird that its stayed on the wiki if its wrong
Old 04-02-2020, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerulus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
okay, so archery is bugged on green as well as blue. that's what i needed to know. so str actually governs atk as well?

thanks for the replies, everyone!
I don't think STR 'governs' ATK...it's one of the major components, though. Your level and skill in the weapon also matters. Like AC, it is split into 2 components, although I forget what the names or difference is, and is combined on the UI to look like a single number. AC works the in a similar way, see https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Armor_Class.

Here's a explanation of the ATK components, although not the best explanation of ATK that I've ever seen, but it's close enough:

Quote:
“Attack, like AC, is also composed of two parts. One is based on your Strength and wielded weapon to decided how hard you hit the mob when you connect. Let's call this Power. Brohg writes: The Power part of Attack is how hard you hit, when you hit. No amount of power will raise your max hit, but those who are familiar with the (1-20)*DI nature of Everquest damage will understand that shifting your average hits higher on the 1-20 scale will lead to much more overall damage. This is what Power does. Power is modified by Offense skill, Strength score, and +ATK mods on items. In combat, Power is opposed by the target's Mitigation.

The other part of Attack decides how often you hit. This is based on your weapon skills. We can also safely assume that your Offense skill is also one part of the calculation. Again, Brohg teaches us: "Displayed "Attack" is Accuracy+Power. Accuracy is how likely one is to hit one's target, and in combat is compared to the Avoidance part of AC (more on that later). Accuracy comes from two sources, Weapon Skills and +Accuracy mods on items."
In later expansions they started adding item +atk too, and some spells and stuff that also boost it, kind of like how haste works. I'm not sure, but I don't think Vanilla through Velious had any +atk items?
Last edited by fadetree; 04-02-2020 at 09:15 AM..
Old 04-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a rogue get a dex crit with a bow?
On live in this era back in 1999, there was a way for rogues to get huge critical hits with "thrown weapons" because there was a bug.

If you used a bow in your ranged slot and throwing daggers for ammo, and hit from behind...it was considered a hit with a throwing weapon and from behind so eligible for a crit...and yet, also added the bow's damage as part of the damage calculation.

That was removed fairly quickly once it was discovered.

But the idea of being able to shoot a throwing knife with a bow was hilarious.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Anybody remember the 'Uzi Ranger' day when they accidentally removed the delay from archery? Teams of Rangers with AM3/EQ were running around true-shotting everything to death...it was AWESOME.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody remember the 'Uzi Ranger' day when they accidentally removed the delay from archery? Teams of Rangers with AM3/EQ were running around true-shotting everything to death...it was AWESOME.
LOL I remember finding out after the hotfix patch and being upset I didn't know about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread