Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're trying to keep Green as RP as possible when it comes to naming, but it's an uphill fight.
Praise you.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Skeleton

Trihardah is a legitimate role playing name.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a pretty ridiculous fight that doesn't need to happen especially as already endured a decade of blue names.

All the times Rogean or Nilbog or Sirken or Amelin...oh that's the name that shall not be spoken, talked about game master resources and wasting GMs time.

And yet...
Rule-breakers don't get to complain about GM time being wasted when they are the cause of said wasted time.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After studying the problem intently the last few days I have discovered the one thing that is most apparent and obvious from a concrete and empirical perspective.

People with sassy names are usually: Really angry people, communists, the first to start and get on a /list, a member of an 'elite guild', didn't put all their starting points in charisma, believe Hollywood is a real place and not a druids name. And need to seek lots of help.

My recommendation for these people to heal, is to try red99....
No thanks you can keep them.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:37 PM
Orc

Lol -- this is a pathetic thread and pathetic OP. Personally -- had my surname taken. (One I've had for nearly a decade on Blue). Meanwhile name after name exists that can be considered a rule violation and it will continue.
Hell -- even the GM names are breaking naming conventions. (See Galach)

Why waste time on this? How does this improve the server? Classic EQ was not "roleplaying" to this degree, ever. Just incredibly pointless.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the word on names like Iloxoll ?
Word on that is u better be a solo class, cuz off people cant spell it name easily they WILL pass you over for group invites
Old 04-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

I haven't been playing recently, but the naming situation on green/teal when I was was awful. Felt like every 1 in 3 people had a stupid, inappropriate name.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't been playing recently, but the naming situation on green/teal when I was was awful. Felt like every 1 in 3 people had a stupid, inappropriate name.
I feel like it’s 1 in 5. Shout out to the Erudite named Azzblaster in Qeynos Hills yesterday
Old 04-18-2020, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like it’s 1 in 5. Shout out to the Erudite named Azzblaster in Qeynos Hills yesterday
Ok yeah, I'm probably overexaggerating.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Is there actual GM interest in enforcing the naming policy? I've been assuming the current staff has several higher priorities and/or personally disagrees with the rule. Because it seems like more than half the people on green violate the name rules.

EDIT: that'll teach me to post before I read all the way through the thread
Last edited by Tnair; 04-18-2020 at 01:12 PM..
Closed Thread