Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

If you don't want to deal with pulling duty, go for a rogue. You won't be able to solo, but here's what I would do: get on your rogue, look for a group for a bit, try to form one, etc. If you have no luck, get on an alt that you have just for soloing, like a mage or necromancer. On the alt, keep searching for a group for your rogue while you solo. Do /who all searches on zones you're interested in. Then once you find a group, pop back on the rogue.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Aviak

i rolled a human monk after Kunark particularly because i like Human monks, lol. Me and an Iksar buddy of the same lvl/gear dueled the other day and i smoked him 2 times in a row. there will not be a HUGE disadvantage of being human at 40 or 50 or 60, but that iksar regen is probably nice (dont expect it to be like wearing afungi though) but im sure the KoS allover sucks. Maybe try a Ranger, they're fun too. Wont have to pull, have some solo capabilities.....
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Fire Giant

You absolutely CAN solo a twinked Rogue to 50 at least. It's just harder than most classes. You have to pick your fights carefully and know how to play your Rogue very well, but it can be done, slowly.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Banned

Go back to wow/ez server
Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah if I do Monk I think Ill def. do Human, originally I was only worried about the KOS, I didnt know they had an exp penalty too. Id rather have 20% less exp + free roaming for the most part, rather then a little extra regen/ac.

However, thats if I do Monk at all. Im really torn now between Rogue and Monk lol.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, bleh... Thats the only melee class that can solo decently though right? What about Rangers, lol?
Given enough room and arrows, rangers can solo any non-summoning, non-casting mob up to a few levels above themselves. Good luck with that, though.

If you want a melee class that can solo "decently", then you want a bard or a monk.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given enough room and arrows, rangers can solo any non-summoning, non-casting mob up to a few levels above themselves. Good luck with that, though.

If you want a melee class that can solo "decently", then you want a bard or a monk.
Truth. Soloing on a ranger with arrows is relatively easy but without being 45+ with a Tolan's bracer you'll be out of arrows in an hour or so. With good gear you can melee stuff down and heal yourself back up on ranger/pally, then sit and med to full - kind of like a wizard with a 40+% xp penalty.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

forget about the exp penalty thing because this server stops at level 60 with no AAs ever to be gained...knowing that right there means that you will eventually hit level 60 regardless of how slow you level (sure that human monk will hit it first but does it really matter? theres no more exp to be gained after level 60...ever).

the faction would be more of an issue IMO, however that can be farmed...

the real treat of going of iksar vs human monk is knowing that at level 60 you are a better monk (with the same gear on)...not only will you regen faster you will have more AC.

Here's the regen rates at level 60, btw:

Regen Rate (Human): 7 sitting, 5 FD, 4 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 18 sitting, 14 FD, 12 standing

To the guy who said it's not like having a fungi tunic...well as you can see at level 60, it almost is, lol...4 vs 12 regen (fungal regrowth is 15 hps/tick)
Last edited by skorge; 06-04-2011 at 02:13 PM..
Old 06-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, on live i lvld a monk, and loved it, was a human

on here after lvling a iksar, was fun and all, but iksar monks have a -40 exp penalty, and usally i dont play evil classes, because most of all the areas for boats, you cant use them unless you have a invis on yer self

but if you were to choose which race, id say look at the pros and the cons, a iksar shaman is great, but i think a human monk is better, its yer choice, and remember to have fun
you, need, to go, back, to school, man
Old 06-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regen Rate (Human): 7 sitting, 5 FD, 4 standing
Regen Rate (Iksar): 18 sitting, 14 FD, 12 standing

To the guy who said it's not like having a fungi tunic...well as you can see at level 60, it almost is, lol...4 vs 12 regen (fungal regrowth is 15 hps/tick)

I can see at level 60 there is a big diff, but is there that much of a difference while leveling like 1-50? I mean, does the ratio between them scale the same, or is it not as noticeable?

Im not too concerned with end game cause I doubt Ill even get to 60 before summers over and Ill have to quit again for a while. So my main thing really is just how much of a diff will it be while leveling lol.
Closed Thread