Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In FFXI it was a common courtesy to ask someone before looking at their gear. I wasn't around in classic EQ, was that not also a common courtesy there?
Oh, people asked and people got offended if you didn't ask. Some do so on P99. It was and still is ridiculous.

I never understood this phenomenon. Just inspect, there nothing you can do to stop them or prevent it.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

"May I inspect"

"NO YOU MAY NOT!!"

"Nice bracer fag"
Old 03-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Kobold

I always liked the idea of marriages in game.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, people asked and people got offended if you didn't ask. Some do so on P99. It was and still is ridiculous.

I never understood this phenomenon. Just inspect, there nothing you can do to stop them or prevent it.
IIRC it started as more of a respect thing, having one chat box and being spam inspected was annoying as hell back then. A silly notion since you couldn't stop it to begin with.

But it's a huge flag that anyone asking before inspecting you is an old school gamer, emphasis on the old.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theG33K [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC it started as more of a respect thing, having one chat box and being spam inspected was annoying as hell back then. A silly notion since you couldn't stop it to begin with.

But it's a huge flag that anyone asking before inspecting you is an old school gamer, emphasis on the old.

or kids who believed the elderly when they said it's rude to inspect without asking first.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditionparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or kids who believed the elderly when they said it's rude to inspect without asking first.
True enough
Old 03-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Aviak

I think it's a good way to start a conversation with someone if nothing else. It's a courtesy that I will always make an effort to extend to players. Inspecting someone is like peeking at the tag on their T-Shirt to see what brand it is, I'd rather have someone ask before doing that. However it's not something that I immediately /ignore a player for doing. Rather, the ones that do ask set themselves apart as g33k mentioned above. Reminders of older times.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Beggars, just target me and type '/d', its the donation command.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beggars, just target me and type '/d', its the donation command.
I remember leading a begging level 3 (i think) half elf paladin into the North Freeport bank vault with a trail of mrylokar's summoned daggers.

I bet his ghost still haunts the Xegony server Nfp bank to this day...
Old 03-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Large Rat

Since this literally just happened to me, I'll put it out there: I'm camping somewhere on my own and some guy walks into the camp, runs around between me and the spawns, inspects me without asking, then I get a "click to join the group" message without any polite conversation. This is the kind of behavior that, to me, is the same as a night elf dancing on a mailbox.

On live you can disable the "so and so is inspecting you" so it is a non issue. Here you can't, and I assign a lower maturity value to anyone not asking first.

Not even saying "hello", or "would you like to group" before inviting falls in the same category. I lower my expectations of that individual again.
Closed Thread