Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"May I inspect"

"NO YOU MAY NOT!!"

"Nice bracer fag"
Lol'd
Old 03-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Inspecting someone is like peeking at the tag on their T-Shirt to see what brand it is...
No, it's nothing like that at all. You can't reasonably equate someone using an in-game ability without your permission to someone violating your personal space and touching you IRL.

If we were not meant to be able to inspect people without their permission, it wouldn't have been implemented into the game without a way for players who didn't want to be inspected to elect out in some form.

What it evolved into after this is both player-made and completely stupid.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 2 hours: "brb got to reconnect", UK players know this at least [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, I remember having to do this. Free evenings till midnight and weekends!
<Asgard>
Old 03-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

The horrors of 2hr play time then disconnect, such bad timing always. Reconnect to your bind location >_> Dial Up lol

Something cringey from live was that there was a dark elf family in my guild <United Kingdoms> (Bristlebane). I think the surname was T'Solstice and a bunch of em had it. There was an in depth back story and I even think someone made a family tree!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember leading a begging level 3 (i think) half elf paladin into the North Freeport bank vault with a trail of mrylokar's summoned daggers.

I bet his ghost still haunts the Xegony server Nfp bank to this day...
I don't get it, what happened next?
Pally should have good faction in NFP and Xegony was a PVE server...
Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

He's stuck behind the locked door...
Old 03-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

I was grouped in MM during Velious era and someone in my group tricked me on my monk into locking myself in those cells, problem was the group promptly wiped and disbanded and I was stuck there for like 2 hours before the next group rolled in.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditionparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always liked the idea of marriages in game.
caused alot of conflict ... my friend married a barb war (of all the choices for a dwarf) and she wanted to barrow his wurmslayer .. easily worth more then everything he owned .. never saw her or the wurmslayer again... but the weddings where awesome GMs involvement and everything ..alot of times WC druid rings where used

red cape, check.

logging in
Old 03-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it's nothing like that at all. You can't reasonably equate someone using an in-game ability without your permission to someone violating your personal space and touching you IRL.

If we were not meant to be able to inspect people without their permission, it wouldn't have been implemented into the game without a way for players who didn't want to be inspected to elect out in some form.

What it evolved into after this is both player-made and completely stupid.
You're violating my personal space in game, and the game lets me know by giving me a message that you're doing it. I think the fact that there were a lot of players that decided it was an invasion of personal space is just another part of the community that made old MMOs what they were. It created a grey area which sparked debate that brought the entire population closer by giving them the ability to decide right and wrong use of a feature. The very fact that there is something for us to argue about is what makes it so awesome.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're violating my personal space in game
[IMMERSION INTENSIFIES]

Anyone that got offended by it, other than the handful of roleplayers who started it, were only offended because it was socially acceptable to be and made them feel a tiny bit superior. *cough* (tumblr)