Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Large Bat

Default Question about UI's and raids

Hi,

I might have a stupid question, but I'd rather ask it now then when I show up on my first raid and look stupid there.

Is it possible to see the healthbar of everyone who is in a raid like in WoW for example ?

I do not remember this being the case back when I played in Live, but I only played Live up until Luclin and I am pretty sure it wasn't possible there.

According to the info I can find on the internet it appears this function only became available in PoP.

But with all the UI mods being used here I am not sure what is possible and what Ui's generally are being used on raids here on P1999.

PS : I am a healer and I am using the Velious mod with the extra's file found in this post : http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11949 by Savok.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

The raid window was working for a while like a year ago but it was disabled due to not being classic.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

do it old school style
/tar
/stand
/cast
/sit
Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

It has never (and still isn't on Live) possible to see other peoples health outside of your group, even in the raid window which is disabled on p1999.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

EQ has never had the ability to display healthbars for an entire raid a la WoW; best we do here is for a group. I think the raid window you're referring to basically just gave the raid leader the ability to easily create groups and then to move members from one group to another quickly. It also had the raid chat channel and I think that's when we started to earn "Raid AAs" as well.

You can set up a key to cycle through the closest PCs and one to cycle through the NPCs. It doesn't work perfectly (it seems like it only grabs those folks directly in front of you) but it is handy.

/assist healing is where it's at unless you're in a rotation or assigned to keeping someone specific alive ...

I have made /target <name> for all of the tanks, 'chanters, pullers and whoever else needs to be watched and I swap them out as needed. I have a key with /assist only on it. I click through who needs to be watched and I bounce through the aggro list(s) using /assist, then mash heal keys accordingly.

/shrug It's not pretty, but it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Healing.jpg (21.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ has never had the ability to display healthbars for an entire raid a la WoW; best we do here is for a group. I think the raid window you're referring to basically just gave the raid leader the ability to easily create groups and then to move members from one group to another quickly. It also had the raid chat channel and I think that's when we started to earn "Raid AAs" as well.

You can set up a key to cycle through the closest PCs and one to cycle through the NPCs. It doesn't work perfectly (it seems like it only grabs those folks directly in front of you) but it is handy.

/assist healing is where it's at unless you're in a rotation or assigned to keeping someone specific alive ...

I have made /target <name> for all of the tanks, 'chanters, pullers and whoever else needs to be watched and I swap them out as needed. I have a key with /assist only on it. I click through who needs to be watched and I bounce through the aggro list(s) using /assist, then mash heal keys accordingly.

/shrug It's not pretty, but it works.
Great advice.. Zereh knows what she is talking about too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Large Bat

Thanks alot for the quick replies all.

Like I said, I only played from Classic up until Luclin and as such I had no clue what was or was not possible in expansions after that, cause EQ really didn't interest me one little bit anymore after that.

Glad to hear everything is still the same the way it was back when I played.