Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

The couple people I know that were banned for being unwilling participants in RMT related trades have all been unbanned. I think the longest it took someone to get unbanned was a couple days. While some folks may view not being able to play for two days as an end of the world scenario, in the grand scheme of things I'd say it's worth it in order to hand out hundreds of legitimate bans.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why you guys give a shit if somebody wants to buy shit from someone else for money, even when top end guilds aren't RMTing they will still kill everything the second it spawns for alts or just so you can't have it.

Victimless crime other than pixel envy.
I don't know why anyone would be so obsessed with a game, especially one that is an emulated version of a 15 year old mmo, that they would feel the need to try to circumvent the rules of said game. Like don't pay real money for in game items. Then they try to act like they are justified because its just a game. Yet, if they really had that opinion, they wouldn't have been driven to break the rules of the server that were already laid out clearly and in plain English for them just to have a few extra pixels. So the real victims are the RMTers themselves. Victims of their own stupidity.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the real victims are the RMTers themselves. Victims of their own stupidity.
Well, them and the GMs and guides who MUST (for legal reasons) spend a huge amount of time fighting this nonsense. But sure, wasting huge amounts of time of the people who already volunteer their time just so this server even exists for you to play this game ... that's completely victim-less.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, them and the GMs and guides who MUST (for legal reasons) spend a huge amount of time fighting this nonsense. But sure, wasting huge amounts of time of the people who already volunteer their time just so this server even exists for you to play this game ... that's completely victim-less.
You are correct. I'm not at all defending RMT.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You accepted platinum from an account that was not only a known RMT mule, but also had the RMT'er logged into the account at the time you accepted the platinum. This is not someone who plays the game. The only thing they do is sell platinum.

In your specific situation, since you decided to call out my methods, you claim you powerleveld someone for a couple hours, and then they gave you platinum for it. Platinum you did not request, but was instead given to you out of the kindness of their heart.

In this scenario, I find it very unlikely someone purchased platinum with RL cash to give to you when they didn't need to.

We don't just ban people who get platinum for nothing. Stop misleading people.
Not defending anyone, however, you are stereotyping peoples actions. I have personally given plat to people for helping me on my alts. They had no idea I had a top geared charecter or that I had over 500k in plat with nothing to spend it on. They never asked, but I rewarded their generosity with my own. So saying a person would never give plat unless asked, is a false statement. I have often paid porters 500plat for ports just to be nice. Sometimes people fail to realize alot of plat/money is all a basis on what you have. If i have 10 million plat, what is 100k, but if i have 100k plat 5k could be huge. Innocent until proven guilty. Undeniably guilty. No reasonable doubt. Just seems logical.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not defending anyone, however, you are stereotyping peoples actions. I have personally given plat to people for helping me on my alts. They had no idea I had a top geared charecter or that I had over 500k in plat with nothing to spend it on. They never asked, but I rewarded their generosity with my own. So saying a person would never give plat unless asked, is a false statement. I have often paid porters 500plat for ports just to be nice. Sometimes people fail to realize alot of plat/money is all a basis on what you have. If i have 10 million plat, what is 100k, but if i have 100k plat 5k could be huge. Innocent until proven guilty. Undeniably guilty. No reasonable doubt. Just seems logical.
No he isn't stereo typing anyone or you would have already been banned. You must have missed the very first part of his statement where he said that the person he got plat from was a known RMTer. He accepted money, probably a little more than 500pp, from a [I]known[I] RMTer. Probably on more than one occasion too. Yes there are altruistic players that will give people plat just because they want to help out. Those arent the people getting banned. It's the people that are involved with known RMTers.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

who necro'd this thread

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally missed the point of my post. We didn't just ban people who were handed plat by any random stranger. Not going to explain this again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. If you're going to call out the way I investigate and ban for RMT, at least read about it before you tell me I'm wrong.

Also, how the fuck did this thread get necro'd and multi-bumped all in one day? They keep pulling me back in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread