Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Orc

Default Few newbie questions.

Greetings. I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could help me with. I would normally use the search option, but for some reason every time I try to access the search feature on my phone, the keypad pops up and then disappears without me being able to type, and unfortunately my phone is my option atm.

So first question. How the heck do I swim?! I nearly drown when I fell in the water, I seem to just sink in place. Is there away to enable mouse look to determine swim direction? I was able to get out by using numpad9, but I was only able to swim up after I hit it, never forward. Any suggestions?
Next one is a simple one, how do you link an item in chat? Lastly, is there a way to display buff timer, or do you just have to guesstimate?

Thanks you for any assistance!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Buff timers - no, you have to guess or use a log-reader program.
Item link - either hold down right click on the item or alt-right click the item to bring up the info window, then click on the info window to link it in chat.
Swimming - mouse look will only work in first person. In third person you have to use page-up and page-down to control your pitch.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 09-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Orc

Very good, thank you much for the info. Got another one for ya, can you drop coin on the ground? I happend to be I the right place at the right time and someone paid me to buy a spell they were unable to buy themselve. Unfortunately I haven't decided yet on a class to stick with, so I'm testing the waters on a few. Anyway to get the plat to another toon without someone directly trading it to you?
Old 09-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

No coin dropping. Can buy gems or ask someone trustworthy to trade for you. Many people suggest someone in a prominent guild or Dial a Port.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Large Bat

Eras can you please explain how doing this with gems would work? Is there certain gems and vendors that are used?
Old 09-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Orc

you can drop items just not coin.
so you can just buy gems and drop them if you wanted, you will lose a little on the sell back but not to much.

trade is always a better way to go.

Since you don't have to find a secluded spot and move both characters there before doing a drop. Items only last on the ground for a few minutes. i forget actual timer before going poof. and there is always the risk of someone picking up your items.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

For transfers I have always just asked random people. Though for more expensive transfers I will often find someone from a prominent guild just to be extra safe ^^ Most people are very friendly and honest though.
Closed Thread