Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 02:36 AM
Large Rat

Default Just started this week

Just thought I'd say hi! I was craving the nostalgia of playing EQ and finally buckled down to play! So happy I did, I'm really enjoying it. The community is great! I played from beta to PoP, mostly on Rallos Zek, Tarew Marr and Maelin Starpyre, and also went back for the launch of the first progression server while I was between jobs so I... immersed myself in Norrath for a few months! This seems a lot more laid back, and I'm super surprised by how many players are on the server, and having a blast grouping!

In-game I'm Ooats, a level 7 Wood Elf Druid. I'm hanging around Crushbone. I'm planning to play him as a solo character and level up another character for grouping I always wanted to play: A bard!

How hard are bards to level solo? Might just roll the bard now to save myself the wasted time.

Cheers!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome!

Bards are the best solo class in the game in the aspect they can swarm kite. If cheesy isnt your flavor, they're great in groups for songs so lacking gear wont kill you. I'd level that druid up to 44 or 49 or so and port people for money if youre new here. Endless demand of guaranteed money
Old 09-03-2016, 01:42 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome!
Old 09-03-2016, 05:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

There is also a nice soloing way besides massive AE kiting, the standard swarm kiting with charm.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Large Rat

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys! I'll try to collect some plats and then start a bard and play them both if I can. Having loads of fun! See ya out there!
Old 09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

If i am ever on ill send you a tell and we can group. i swarm kite on my bard lol. even if he is only level 3 right now :-/ work is taking to much of my time it seems to actually level him
Old 09-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

Welcome!

I just came back to game as a bard also for couple of weeks, been away from live eq for like 7 years and figured I should give this classic server a try. Pretty surprised also there are actually players in the beginning zones hah havent seen this for years!

My game name is funng if you need any bard related advice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Usually on late night PST.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Welcome back, Ooats! Don't be a bard!
Closed Thread