Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 06:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New to server, forgot everything, enjoy RP

I used to play Ruins of Kunark back in the day but got up to my 30s and haven't played since. I played a little bit on this server last year, but never got beyond level 4 because I just didn't have time and not many people were very sociable.

I'm hoping to change that here. I'm looking for a guild or just helpful people to show me the ropes again. Not looking for handouts or twinking. I'm fine earning my way. But I do remember how horrifying soloing was. And forgetting the layouts of pretty much every city. I'm so lost.

Played DE SK back in the day and would hope to play that again, but willing to change up my race/class to find the right groove. I'm best as heavy armor tank or damage. I don't function well as a clothie.

So if anyone has any recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I love love love RP, so definitely looking at getting into that as well and re-learning the world and the lore.

Hope to see you folks in game.

EDIT: It asks me to update the spell files from the getting started guide but the link is a broken 404. So it seems I won't be able to play until I can do that.
Last edited by IceCadaverX; 09-18-2016 at 07:04 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Hi there OP! If your spell files are outdated, just go to the p99 main page and click the Getting Started link on the left. On that page there should be a link to the update files (v43 or 44 I think???) extract those and copy to your EQ directory. I would suggest maybe not doing that with the ui folder though, or just rename the default folder inside to default2 or something and copying it by itself into your existing ui folder if you want to use it, because it caused start up issues for me :c Otherwise welcome back and gl!
Closed Thread