Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 08:30 AM
Kobold

Default Druid Mana Problems

So I've been playing my druid a lot lately. I mostly love it, but I'm having A LOT of trouble with mana consumption/regen. It seems I'm always OOM and I feel like I'm not nearly as efficient as I could be. I'm only level 17 (currently in Kurns) so I'm hoping it gets better as I level.

Any suggestions on saving your mana or helping with regen? I'm kinda poor so it could be a gear thing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-30-2016, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Have you trained meditate?

Also it gets better with levels.
Things like Snare or Root seem to cost a lot right now but will be barely noticeable on your mana bar when you are 50+
Old 07-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Kobold

Yea brother it's definitely a level thing. You're goal should be 190 wis at lvl 34 so you ca quad. EQ can be rough when you're new. Make some friends and let them know you're new. Most peeps are friendly and willing to help yuh get started. What's your toons name?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you trained meditate?
haha yep
Old 07-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Kobold

Yeah med is trained and for sure helps, just still seems pretty slow. If it's a level thing I'm good though. I can tough it out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't playing the class horribly wrong or something.

Thanks all!
Old 07-30-2016, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've been playing my druid a lot lately. I mostly love it, but I'm having A LOT of trouble with mana consumption/regen. It seems I'm always OOM and I feel like I'm not nearly as efficient as I could be. I'm only level 17 (currently in Kurns) so I'm hoping it gets better as I level.

Any suggestions on saving your mana or helping with regen? I'm kinda poor so it could be a gear thing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably going to be the case until you're in your late 30's to mid-40's. The spells become more efficient as you level. Additionally, you will gain more mana from leveling than most gear you can probably afford. Also, you will undoubtedly come across upgrades as you level and become powerful enough to quest/camp stuff yourself.

Stick it out, I always told people that the hardest part of leveling a druid is 1-34. After that it becomes incrementally easier with each new set of spells you get. At lvl 45, you can start using clickies which will let you sustain exp flow for longer without medding.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stick it out, I always told people that the hardest part of leveling a druid is 1-34. After that it becomes incrementally easier with each new set of spells you get. At lvl 45, you can start using clickies which will let you sustain exp flow for longer without medding.
Cool, I will keep on going then. Gear and levels will come.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Druids are more limited by mana regeneration in a group than mana pool, and this doesn't really get better with level. Group regen spells will help, but in general your group healing ability will only decrease with level, and around L40-50 it will become very difficult to keep a tank up if the group is continuously engaged without assistance (i.e. a good enchanter/bard/shaman). L60 will help a bit as you'll get Mask of the Hunter and POTG which together are C2 and you'll be more likely to group with overgeared L60 toons that don't take much damage.

Most of the people in this thread are telling you that at 35 you can ditch the group and go quad/charm. And this is the fastest way to level a druid, but I'm not sure that was the question you were asking.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are more limited by mana regeneration in a group than mana pool, and this doesn't really get better with level. Group regen spells will help, but in general your group healing ability will only decrease with level, and around L40-50 it will become very difficult to keep a tank up if the group is continuously engaged without assistance (i.e. a good enchanter/bard/shaman). L60 will help a bit as you'll get Mask of the Hunter and POTG which together are C2 and you'll be more likely to group with overgeared L60 toons that don't take much damage.

Most of the people in this thread are telling you that at 35 you can ditch the group and go quad/charm. And this is the fastest way to level a druid, but I'm not sure that was the question you were asking.
That's fair. I wasn't really specific to group vs. solo. I've just noticed mana regen seems to be significantly slower than my necro. I was more so wondering if that was a level thing or a druid thing. Regardless I'm enjoying the class enough that it's not going to make or break the toon for me, more just a curiosity than anything.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Root-rotting, nuking, and melee are not mana efficient. The only mana efficient way to solo as a druid is with heavy reliance on clickies (ES arms, epic, lumi staff), charming, or quadding.

Go to EKarana and charm dogs, you'll see how much better it is. I never had serious mana issues on my druid charm soloing.
Closed Thread