Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

druid has more of a filler role than a main group role. if there are no clerics, you will most likely be called upon to heal. if there are no tanks, you may be forced to buff up and take a few hits. if there are no wizard/mage, you may be called upon to nuke.

druid spells are all over the place, and none of their abilities are going to be the best for any role. this is the strength of a druid.

imo, if you are in doubt of your role, put DS on the tank and heal when people get below 40%. your heals are not very powerful, but can be useful to save cleric mana and cooldown by healing the rogue/monk/ranger. load up some DoTs and toss them around to mobs that are not getting killed fast enough.

this should not be looked at as a downside, but rather a strength of the class.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Magician was a great choice, OP. Like a wizard, but better. Seriously, there's very little a wizard can do that you can't, and a lot you can do that they can't. And it's very straightforward, so just what you were looking for. You can solo, but people will still like you in groups.

Rogue might have been slightly easier, but you still have to deal with the whole Ragebringer thing at some point. Magicians are smooth sailing, no gear required.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 09-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druid has more of a filler role than a main group role. if there are no clerics, you will most likely be called upon to heal. if there are no tanks, you may be forced to buff up and take a few hits. if there are no wizard/mage, you may be called upon to nuke.

druid spells are all over the place, and none of their abilities are going to be the best for any role. this is the strength of a druid.

imo, if you are in doubt of your role, put DS on the tank and heal when people get below 40%. your heals are not very powerful, but can be useful to save cleric mana and cooldown by healing the rogue/monk/ranger. load up some DoTs and toss them around to mobs that are not getting killed fast enough.

this should not be looked at as a downside, but rather a strength of the class.
Yeah some good points here. To be clear, I very much enjoy the druid and how dynamic the class is. This post is more for a little help with classes that are fun for an alt where I feel like logging on and just not thinking too much about it and going through on zombie mode. Something less technical. Mage seems to mostly let me do that. Plus the pet is silly OP at least early on which is fun so far.

Also due to the apparent abundance of clerics and shaman on the server I almost never heal. Almost always, thorns/nuke for damage and snare for cc.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician was a great choice, OP. Like a wizard, but better. Seriously, there's very little a wizard can do that you can't, and a lot you can do that they can't. And it's very straightforward, so just what you were looking for. You can solo, but people will still like you in groups.

Rogue might have been slightly easier, but you still have to deal with the whole Ragebringer thing at some point. Magicians are smooth sailing, no gear required.
Glad about this. I feel like I made the right choice. Unless something drastically changes, I did. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Going to have to reiterate rogue here and maybe add warrior too. The problem for warriors is that to be effective they need a wide range of items and group support, so even though play style is relatively brain dead, I'd steer clear if you looking for something easy to relax with ^^
Closed Thread