Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Necro or Shaman

Hi,

Hopefully you guys can help me out with this question. I'm a casual player who has very little time to play. Not looking to rush to endgame content and I will never raid when I reach max level. These are the only two classes that I enjoy, but which would suit my needs better. I'm looking for a class that can solo easily. I love the idea of root/rotting as I have a lot of distractions. I want to be able to farm tons of money end game to buy my gear since I will not be grouping/raiding. Which of these two classes can farm for plat better with casually earned gear?

Thanks for any answers.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Hiya Dioc ^^ In the absence of gear, necromancer will treat you better and if you want an easier time of it, be a lizard :c I do not like lizards to be honest and would probably be a dark elf myself, but lizard regen is a massive boon to necromancy.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you, I was thinking probably necro would be better. How are both classes at 60 without epic. I doubt I would have anytime at all to complete either of them.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

Well, Shammy epic is perdy easy actually, not sure about necro tbh. That aside though, at 60 both are very powerful, but to do the big ticket items as a sham you need torpor which cost around 100k. For pp farming epic is incredibly valuable for shaman. Necro is fine without either way ^^
Old 09-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Kobold

The mantra typically is:

If it can be kited or there's charmable undead nearby : necromancers can kill it
If it can be rooted/slowed : shamans can kill it.

The necromancer epic is fairly involved though, with the revamps to the planes is less of a pain in the butt than it used to be.

The shaman epic is mostly about faction, and a few fights that'll require friends. The hardest part is, really, just showing up to Plane of Fear to cave some Golem faces in with the hopes of an Iksar child's tear. Otherwise, if you can run from A to B, you can complete it eventually.

In the case of a necromancer, definitely go Iksar if you want to maximize your capabilities to recover from fights. For shaman, it really depends on what aesthetic you want. Do you want to be unstunnable from the front? Ogre. You want to be redonkahuge and have regen on the main continent without almost everyone hating you? Troll. You want to be on an entirely DIFFERENT continent, have everyone basically want to stomp your teeth in, but get regen? Iksar.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For shaman, it really depends on what aesthetic you want. Do you want to be unstunnable from the front? Ogre. You want to be redonkahuge and have regen on the main continent without almost everyone hating you? Troll. You want to be on an entirely DIFFERENT continent, have everyone basically want to stomp your teeth in, but get regen? Iksar.
You left off one :/ Do you want to look faxing fantastic and not give a rat sass about minimax? Barabarian ^^
Old 09-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

You guys think shaman epic is easy for someone with little time to play? Seems to me like the golems are on farm on guilds that make good profit from selling tear+fight for 80k.
Thats no small change for domeone with little time to invest. Yes, the faction is easy. Tear is not.
Edit: sounds like necro would suit you best, with shammy on a close second.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Necro - Gods of solo (you could argue charm soloing from Chanters is better I suppose), underrated utility when at the hands of a good player, Twitch/Summon Corpse/EE Rez make you somewhat desirable for later on

Shaman - Gods of buffage, waaaaaaaaaay more desired for everyting relating to groups. 50+ having a slower in the group can be a must making Shamans a staple.

Necros get a fairly useless Epic which is fairly impossible to get unless you've got lots of friends who want you to have a duck staff.
Shamans get a must-have Epic which isnt too difficult and almost any guild can do the fights with you.

Theres some quick answers, gotta leave work meow
Old 09-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Large Bat

Don't forget mage, if you're into the solo thing! Opens up some alternative races, at least.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say if you plan on doing a lot of grouping you will probably have an easier time with the Shaman. But they honestly aren't great at soloing until the mid levels (most people agree 34) so it can be hard to start fresh with. Necros on the other hand are great soloers from 1 to 60 with little to no gear and while they are also good in groups they may have trouble getting invites from strangers.
Closed Thread