Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-22-2024, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rezzing this old thread cause the topic seems relevant.

Just started trying to solo in chardok since I got dictate, and I get the strat of using it to suicide placeholders into a pack of mobs, but whenever I cast dictate on the ph, all the mobs in the room attack me instead of the pet, and they just chase me around until they kill me.

In videos I've watched on youtube that doesn't seem to happen, the dude charms the pet and then just sends it and all the social sarnaks gang up on it instantly. And he's not pacifying them or anything first. What am I doing wrong?
Which room are you doing,Koro?
Some rooms you need to paci,some don't.
If your doing korocusts room, what I do is make a social macro with pet attack <one of the golem in the pits name>

Then,while floating I run off the back down to the bank,go through the waterfall and hit land
Start backing your pet until its dead
Some mobs will path to you but they don't get close
Gate out

The bank you need at least one paci to do the manager.
Any other questions you can pm me and il walk you through it, doks obscenely easy once you get the hang of it.
Last edited by PatChapp; 03-22-2024 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Added info
Old 03-22-2024, 02:45 PM
Kobold

been playing on PQ and I have a proposal for Loramin: charming could be the same as live in era, but without channeling being changed so that multiple hits commonly dont interrupt casting, and pair that with ignorance(/nonexistance?) of clickie GCD reset then perhaps it was simply seen as not viable during 2000-2002. and before people learned how to make it viable, more expansions were out and new things to try. charming is pretty dangerous when it goes wrong so i could also see a general social pressure not to risk the group like that (when it wasnt common for an enchanter to manage it well)
Last edited by Tnair; 03-22-2024 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which room are you doing,Koro?
Some rooms you need to paci,some don't.
If your doing korocusts room, what I do is make a social macro with pet attack <one of the golem in the pits name>

Then,while floating I run off the back down to the bank,go through the waterfall and hit land
Start backing your pet until its dead
Some mobs will path to you but they don't get close
Gate out

The bank you need at least one paci to do the manager.
Any other questions you can pm me and il walk you through it, doks obscenely easy once you get the hang of it.
Thanks. It was actually those two exact camps I was talking about lol. After some more experimenting I think I have it down. Way more fun and lucrative than killing cliff golems, which I refuse to ever kill again. 100+ dead and not a single spell worth dick.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

That's funny I had the same experience with Cliff Golems, never got a single spell worth more than like 500p. Then recently I got Dictate, Malo, Mask of the Hunter, Zumaik's Animation and a couple in the 500 range. I would still say it's overall not worth it on an enchanter.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah cliff golem are bad loot,but at least kind of fun to kill sometimes. Whenever I'm in ot if I have time I kill one.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

farming spells is horrible roi, spells are super hard to liquidate in the market today
Old 03-25-2024, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

i wish they'd nerf dictate suicide so i can stop seeing people list every single drop from chardok in a giant unorganized , unalphabetized list for sale
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-25-2024, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wish they'd nerf dictate suicide so i can stop seeing people list every single drop from chardok in a giant unorganized , unalphabetized list for sale
Honestly it would probably be good. Just make the 51+ chardok trash summon -- is it even a deliberate era finding that they don't or is it an oversight? Nerf sg&velks* faction while we're at it. Boom, enchanter velious solo much more balanced.

*Edit: I read a bard forum post somewhere claiming that velks faction was nerfed in or near era. Bards were still able to faction with the lute illusion but no longer with just the song, I think that would leave enchanters unable to faction.
Last edited by Vivitron; 03-25-2024 at 11:30 AM..