Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

Default Attn Redpals

Hello Redpals, this ones important, youre going to want to read all of it.

As you guys may have noticed, for a while now, the red server has been getting a lot more staff attention, both from the csr side and the dev side. These things have been happening because you guys are all trying to run your guilds in ways that are favorable to server growth, and the staff sees that (granted, some guilds have different mindsets and/or goals, at least in my personal opinion), but for the server to continue to grow and stay healthy, both the staff and the players will need to continue to make an effort, and will need to continue to work together and listen to each other . The red server can not be a lil row boat that is kicked out to sea to be left on its own.

Tomorrow i will begin pestering Rogean for a new red forum that will be readable to all but posting would be limited to select guild leaders on Red99. it would serve as a place for healthy discussion, not insults or rnf BS. it would be a place the staff and devs could quickly look to see how the server was going, and to get suggestions from, and brainstorm with players on whats best for the server moving forward into the future.

Red99 is no longer the wild west. i have been spending a lot more time on red, both observing and chatting with players to get a better feel for the terrain. soon we will begin training new guides on both servers, and there should be near around the clock staff presence on red.

There is no magical wand that can be waved to just make everybody start playing nice, to eliminate the dumb shit that happens both in game and out of game. Im sure ive told most of the GLs that they can always message me before shit goes down just to have me there ahead of time in case somebody tries something. and if nothing happens then A+, but if something does happen, id be there. however, i can not be everywhere at the same time, and in some dungeons its very hard to see everybody at the same time when youre all spread out, which is why i strongly suggest guilds to have someone running fraps.

moving forward, all raid disputes will be submitted by one guild representative and will include any and all fraps/SSs/logs (feel free to include times of interest from the video in the petition so i know what im looking at). You will only have 7 days to submit a raid dispute to the petition forum, after that it will be considered null and void. my decisions on these disputes will be final, and i will not listen to any appeals after my decision has been made (and in return i ask that you are patient with these petitions as i will not be rushing through them, and they may have to sit a little while until i have the time to sift through them, or bring in other staff for second opinions as needed).

Furthermore, as of the time i send out this message, we will absolutely be holding Guild Leaders accountable for the actions of their members, and so i strongly suggest getting leashes on some of them dogs. Now i know sometimes unintended things happen, and i dont expect any of you to have to walk on egg shells. just know if your people's actions are shitty enough, or disruptive enough, i will be punishing your accounts along with whatever other punishments come out on the guild as a whole. The first set of these guild suspensions has already gone out today.

i hope you all know that i respect all of you, and that i'm only being hard because i care and want to send a very direct message. Again, i will be as available as possible, so when you know a raid mob is gonna be contested, let me know, and ill try to be there. i very much look forward to working with all of you fine redpals towards a healthy and prosperous Red99!

<3
Sirks

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

First

All hail sirken
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

Good to hear. Is it possible to list what players are being suspended and for what so people have awareness that rules are being enforced? I know all I've heard when people complain about trains/stealing mobs with OOR toons etc is that it's been "resolved" with no actual description of what that means.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good stuff Sirkpal
Old 01-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

pras sirken, keeping it real as always
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

A forum with 2 people posting kinda boring imo.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

As leader of <More Cowbell> I look forward to joining the discussion.

Wait, that guild purge... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Banned

I feel like this is the fifth time I have read this exact message.

I truly hope these stated plans actually come to fruition.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

pras sirken

just want to add, I think it should be made public what toon committed what crime

so community knows to watch out for these offenders again. and so we actually see enforcement being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D View Post
u are the king
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D View Post
good lord guido is a monster
Old 01-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Great post!
Closed Thread