Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Merge green with red server?
Yes! 107 50.23%
No... 106 49.77%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2021, 03:16 PM
Skeleton

Merge Blue, Red and Green into Purple (teams). No more split population
Old 11-30-2021, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by s71ck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merge Blue, Red and Green into Purple (teams). No more split population
Best idea so far.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-30-2021, 03:43 PM
Banned

cringing hard from posts above me

seek help
Old 12-01-2021, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

I still like the idea of sending all banned players to live out their days on the Red prison server. We'll take anyone at this point, and build this server to greatness on the backs of the scummy & disreputable.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

December Update: EQ PvP still horrible garbage that the vast majority of people despise. This will never change. Even clinically insane shut-ins who farm PvE plat 18 hours a day know its worthless.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
December Update: EQ PvP still horrible garbage that the vast majority of people despise. This will never change. Even clinically insane shut-ins who farm PvE plat 18 hours a day know its worthless.
Well, you and I and most everyone else are well aware that the red proponents on the board also know those things. They don't really expect to reinvigorate red. They're just spiteful and want to destroy blue and green.

Danth
Old 12-01-2021, 04:24 PM
Banned

eq pvp has to be the most boring shit I ever experienced

it's just strafing and spamming stun
Old 12-01-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you and I and most everyone else are well aware that the red proponents on the board also know those things. They don't really expect to reinvigorate red. They're just spiteful and want to destroy blue and green.

Danth
??

What makes you say a ridiculous thing like that?

This thread is not a legitimate weighted proposal or anything. Someone was just dreaming of a buncha blue players being suddenly pvp enabled and having to adapt. It would be super fun.

No one is trying to destroy blue and green servers? If they were they would be training everywhere people gather for safety while shouting "BLUE AND GREEN SUCKS!!!" or something more clever.

EQ pvp takes the EQ game you like with high risks and rewards (actual corpse retrievals that are difficult in deep dungeons) and makes the game even more intense by adding a significant social factor and the possibility of PVP with other players.

What this does is makes player communities more important, player relationships more important, and it makes about 50% more items in EQ actually have value and function.

While it means that disruptive players can be directly disruptive to other players by killing them in cold blood, these players can be ostracized killed themselves by players who want the world to not foster murderous behavior.

I'm not sure where all the vehement negativity comes from. Maybe 1hr play time and got robe stolen in greater faydark back on live rallos zek or something?

The majority of the people that played on red and still want a new red server are playing on blue and green right now biding their time as good citizens albeit in a more boring less dynamic version of EQ. I can barely play non pvp except to think about my leveling path and stuff but its pretty grueling work for me nowdays.

No one wants to destroy the PVE servers, that is a ridiculous and slanderous thing to say about PVP players. PVP players want a new pvp server that isn't 10 years old and 5 years dead. PVP players know that the fun is over and are waiting for the next bout. There just isn't as much reason to be a pixel collector on a pvp server when no one else is playing anymore.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq pvp has to be the most boring shit I ever experienced

it's just strafing and spamming stun
Sounds like you've never played?

Like playing street fighter is just moving a joystick and hitting buttons?

Like playing a first person shooter is just moving a mouse and clicking around?

EQ pvp is about situational awareness and preparedness and relationships. Instead of wandering around, capturing an efficient plat camp telling everyone to fuck off and pharming it endlessly for platinum while no one can make you move, on red someone might go ahead and kill you while you AFK wait for the next spawn.

I see a lot of emotional damage on the anti-red people I will send my thoughts to bristlebane and hope that he ruffles your feathers and brings you to see the light of life.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see a lot of emotional damage on the anti-red people I will send my thoughts to bristlebane and hope that he ruffles your feathers and brings you to see the light of life.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway