Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-02-2023, 06:56 PM
Aviak

gnome ranger i think, mainly cause i don't have a gnome or ranger in the stable yet.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is as mentioned from a gameplay perspective Ogre, Troll, Iksar, and Barbarian got all the important racials. Is a wood elf paladin really any more interesting than a high elf paladin? Slightly different stats and appearance and that's it.

So really you kind of have to look to roleplay to make interesting combos.

Dark Elf Paladin who worships Erollisi. This order of exile dark elves rejected Innoruuk and learned to love. A bit cheesy but would be interesting.

High Elf Shadow Knight worshiping Bertoxxulous. They feel rejected by their kin and seek to corrupt and defile everything they love.

Iksar Ranger worshiping Mithaniel Marr. Rejecting fear in favor of valor he learned to survive in the wild on his own.

Dwarf Druid worshiping Prexus. Weary of dark tunnels and skyless cities he sought out the most open and free realm he could find, the oceans and seas.

Those all mostly focus on contrast but I'm sure there's plenty of complementary combos that would work too.
Post of the year 2023 early candidate.

This is all gold.

Humans have outcasts in their basements, the evils should have outcasts too, who chose good.

I think this game has evil races as borderline monsters but has more nuance when it comes to “good”
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 02-02-2023 at 10:45 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

my fav race is half elf, and i've always wished for:

half elf cleric
half elf monk
half elf sk (bertoxx fuck yea)
half elf beastlord
half elf shaman
Old 02-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Banned

dude i would like totally roll a dual gender dark elf halfling gnome phantom toucher specialization class
(lol)
Old 02-03-2023, 10:57 AM
Orc

I have friend who's obsessed with the idea of a gnome bard, lol
Old 02-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have friend who's obsessed with the idea of a gnome bard, lol
Can only play from a mechanized contraption that is like 10% worse than the bard epic, which he can use but can't use as an instrument.

The advantage is you get the mechanized contraption at like level 5 after some noob quests killing scarabs so you're set for instruments.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Coldain dwarf shaman, drakkel wolf pet.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling Shaman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what color bear form would be...
A bear cub.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2023, 04:42 PM
Fire Giant

Halfling Bard—Halflings are merry and sing and bards are already roguish, obv
Iksar Rogue—Iksar Outcast faction, train outside of Cab
Barbarian Paladin/Cleric—The children of Mith Marr should be able to do Mith Marr things
Half Elf Cleric—I don't see why mud bloods would be shunned from the more accepting guilds like Erollsi Marr or Karana
Half Elf Monk—This makes sense given monks came from bards. They are the descendants of those people. Quellious only as they are true believers.
Troll Cleric—Innoruuk or CT clerics. One faction is sympathetic to OG trolls (Broken Skull Clan). Differentiates from Ogres.

I also like the idea of a guild of Prexus Druids/Rangers/Rogues, but I'd say they are probably Human/Half Elf/Erudite, perhaps starting in OOT.

I feel if you go too hard on interesting "contrast" it gets weird where the majority of players are off theme—e.g. most Paladins are DEs and most Rangers are Iksar, etc. But I think some of the races could use more fleshing out.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling Bard—Halflings are merry and sing and bards are already roguish, obv
Merry and Pippin always raising hell or winning hearts and minds with a good romp. It matches the source material (lotr) of the source material (dnd) for eq!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar Rogue—Iksar Outcast faction, train outside of Cab
Agreed. Add in Half Elf trainers in West Karana for half elf wizards and stuff. Don't make it a city, just a rabble of wild half elves.

Quote:
Barbarian Paladin/Cleric—The children of Mith Marr should be able to do Mith Marr things
Quote:
Half Elf Cleric—I don't see why mud bloods would be shunned from the more accepting guilds like Erollsi Marr or Karana
the more dogmatic churches should maybe refuse to train them due to their impurity? idk. Being descriminated against is one of the supposed themes of half elves, but you don't see it much in game beyond the classes they can('t) choose.
Quote:
Half Elf Monk—This makes sense given monks came from bards. They are the descendants of those people. Quellious only as they are true believers.
Troll Cleric—Innoruuk or CT clerics. One faction is sympathetic to OG trolls (Broken Skull Clan). Differentiates from Ogres.
Maybe add in some new spawn location options for half elves. Perhaps half elf rogues can start in Neriak - they raise the mudbloods up as passable spies (hmm, perhaps enchanters too!?).

Quote:
I also like the idea of a guild of Prexus Druids/Rangers/Rogues, but I'd say they are probably Human/Half Elf/Erudite, perhaps starting in OOT.
needs to be more erud/barbarian touches to half elves. IDK how. Maybe let justice warrior half elves start in Halas?

Quote:
I feel if you go too hard on interesting "contrast" it gets weird where the majority of players are off theme—e.g. most Paladins are DEs and most Rangers are Iksar, etc. But I think some of the races could use more fleshing out.
Rangers could actually make sense for Iksar thinking about it - they do have a spirituality / wilderness theme to them as a race. heck they even got forage. Iksar warriors have no plate and forage - they are basically rangers already.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung