Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-02-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

I’m more afraid of getting a ban helping some rando than anything else. I usually do this only for very high end items with friends. The rest of my junk is drop transferred.

9/10 xfer requests I do are mostly just junk anyways. Worst case break it into a few sessions so you aren’t risking like 5k on one log off/on. It’s a pain but you also don’t have to talk to people, so that’s a plus.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Skeleton

I have a 60 Druid in Dial on Blue and have transferred hundreds of items and tens of thousands of plat, never had any problems or bans..

Is it possible that the GM’s don’t worry about service guilds? No clue..

As for safe transfer, I agree with many posts here, someone of a higher level is a safe bet. Or a guildy, lots of low level guilds out there with open arms for new players.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeSeeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it possible that the GM’s don’t worry about service guilds? No clue..
I'm sure they see people in service guilds as working in good faith and being caught up with a bad transaction. Same reason the authorities would seize stolen goods from a pawn shop but not bring charges against them as likely as with another random individual.

In general though, some are just more paranoid than others. At this point, personally, I'd rather line it up with a buddy who has my Discord handle. If your ISP burps you won't end up with a petition filed against you or have to figure out where that person is to return their goods.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

I've got really bad hemorrhoids and it makes it hard to sit down.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice for my hemorrhoids. It hurts so much.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Come on, we're an entire community of men who have spent most of our lives sitting down. I can't be the only one with fucking hemorrhoids around here.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Transferring high value items to some random never seemed worth the potential trouble.

Ground transfers done right are safe outside of a freak server outage. Which happens so little they have to fake earthquakes to simulate them.
Old 03-06-2023, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Transferring high value items to some random never seemed worth the potential trouble.

Ground transfers done right are safe outside of a freak server outage. Which happens so little they have to fake earthquakes to simulate them.
I wouldn't transfer high value items on the ground. Just get a trusted guild member to do it. I've transferred a pre-nerf Fungus Staff for someone before. You wouldn't want to risk drop transferring that lol.
Old 03-06-2023, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

Hit up a Dial a Port. I've been tipped 500pp to bring 4 bags of bandages to SG. We do all kinds of logistics services
Old 03-06-2023, 02:19 AM
Kobold

I've drop transferred AoN, Manastone, Donal's BP, JBB, and a couple other legacy items.

The problem with 3rd party transfers is that if someone scams you, the most the GMs will typically do is ban the person, they can't necessarily restore your item. There was an incident with someone who was trading their AoN around, in the vicinity of a GM, and the AoN got traded accidentally to a newbie who refused to give it back. Even with the GM asking, they still refused, so the GM banned their account but the player lost the AoN as GMs aren't allowed to reimburse items (probably due to the abuse over the years).