Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

This thread should be in an econ class somewhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can have buyers/demand (people who need rezzes) and sellers/supply (rezzers) ... but if you can't create effective markets to link them (ie. a guild that the server will both use, and donate enough plat to, to make people actually want to join it) ... it doesn't how much of the former two things you have: it won't work.

DaP only worked because you have all three: the porters, the people needing ports, and enough plat flowing from the latter to the former to keep the system going (and keep people joining DaP).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-22-2020 at 01:50 PM..
Old 06-22-2020, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Keep the comments coming everybody. Even though I've had several college level econ classes (along with accounting and other business courses) there's always something to learn.

My initial post was brought on because while xp'ing in OOT the dumbest luck ever hit. My pet was just about to finish off a gargoyle. A wizard ran past me. The gargoyle died, I ding then a quad of spec's comes right over top of me. Yep, dead gnome back in Freeport.

Wait a bit of time then get back on the boat. You can probably guess why I was hunting gargs....it's generally safe xp albiet a bit slow. Gargoyle eyes however are $$$. Get to my corpse, loot all but one non-essential piece of gear.

Start advertising 10 gargoyle eyes for a 90% rezz, will drag to you; no bites. Half hour later start offering 15 gargoyle eyes for a 90% rezz; still no bites. An hour after that offer a full stack of gargoyle eyes (this is over 200pp) for a 90%.

In the end I kept my gargoyle eyes and regained my level elsewhere.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep the comments coming everybody. Even though I've had several college level econ classes (along with accounting and other business courses) there's always something to learn.

My initial post was brought on because while xp'ing in OOT the dumbest luck ever hit. My pet was just about to finish off a gargoyle. A wizard ran past me. The gargoyle died, I ding then a quad of spec's comes right over top of me. Yep, dead gnome back in Freeport.

Wait a bit of time then get back on the boat. You can probably guess why I was hunting gargs....it's generally safe xp albiet a bit slow. Gargoyle eyes however are $$$. Get to my corpse, loot all but one non-essential piece of gear.

Start advertising 10 gargoyle eyes for a 90% rezz, will drag to you; no bites. Half hour later start offering 15 gargoyle eyes for a 90% rezz; still no bites. An hour after that offer a full stack of gargoyle eyes (this is over 200pp) for a 90%.

In the end I kept my gargoyle eyes and regained my level elsewhere.
Next time you might want to sell the eyes first (there are elf vendors on the isle across from the gargoyles): people tend to respond better to plat.

But also, you should always start with /who, because if there are no clerics (or high level paladins) in-zone, then you could offer even 1k plat for a rez and it still wouldn't matter (unless you're extremely lucky and someone has a pocket Cleric parked there).

If there's no one in-zone I'd instead try /who all cleric 49 60, or maybe start by checking zones where bored Clerics tend to hang out, like /who all cleric 49 60 commons. In my experience it might take a few tries, especially for a zone like OOT (where the Cleric has to wait for a boat) ... but if you offer 200+ plat you'll eventually find a broke-enough Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah exactly. On Green, people certainly aren’t forking over 100s of plat for a Rez. Why would I run a cleric from like EC to Splitpaw for 50pp? Not worth the time at all
I dont have a porting/rezzing class but...

yeah i hate people that pay peanuts for ports/rezzes, 5-20 plat isn't even worth replying to your tell for. If you pay 5-20 plat for a port/rez, just uninstall. If you think you are too broke to pay WELL for a service, then you are too broke to use said service. Go hop on a boat or eat your xp death like a man.

Having said that, heres the outline of the P99 player agreement that i made up just now.

Revere these words as law:

Sow: 5p
Clarity: 5p
Buffs: 5p per buff
Ports: 1 plat per your current level
Rezzes: 50% 1 plat per your current level, 90%+ 3 plat per your current level
(yes, your xp is worth the price for the time it cost to gain said xp, no we don't care that you are pissed because you couldnt solo 5 reds.)

This is the tipping scheme that i follow.

If i have to get a cleric to go from EC to kedge, i'll throw in an extra 50 for their port/travel time.

Those of you paying druids and clerics less than that for ANY service are really poor excuses looking for self entitled handouts.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

I usually tell the porter that when we land, they /random 100 and that is their tip. Makes it a fun little game. I've been burned by guys rolling a 93, but I also recently got a port for 2pp.

I offered to let him roll again, but he was a good sport about it and said "Fair is fair." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-22-2020, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont have a porting/rezzing class but...

yeah i hate people that pay peanuts for ports/rezzes, 5-20 plat isn't even worth replying to your tell for. If you pay 5-20 plat for a port/rez, just uninstall. If you think you are too broke to pay WELL for a service, then you are too broke to use said service. Go hop on a boat or eat your xp death like a man.

Having said that, heres the outline of the P99 player agreement that i made up just now.

Revere these words as law:

Sow: 5p
Clarity: 5p
Buffs: 5p per buff
Ports: 1 plat per your current level
Rezzes: 50% 1 plat per your current level, 90%+ 3 plat per your current level
(yes, your xp is worth the price for the time it cost to gain said xp, no we don't care that you are pissed because you couldnt solo 5 reds.)

This is the tipping scheme that i follow.

If i have to get a cleric to go from EC to kedge, i'll throw in an extra 50 for their port/travel time.

Those of you paying druids and clerics less than that for ANY service are really poor excuses looking for self entitled handouts.
See I actually am a porting class and don’t care what people tip. Certainly I don’t think anyone should be obligated to do 1pp per level. All I’m doing is sitting there watching TV or playing another game and clicking a button every couple minutes to teleport someone. I always laugh at posters who act live they’re providing some super strenuous service that they need to be gratuitously complimented for.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Are people really that cheap with clerics? My base tip is 1p/%, so I pay 50p for a 50% and 100p for a 90+% (rounded up) if they are in the zone. If they had to travel, I bump it higher to compensate. Seriously, I thought 50-100p was standard for rez tips. /boggle
Old 06-23-2020, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are people really that cheap with clerics? My base tip is 1p/%
I deeply apologize for cutting your post short,. but this is hella smart!
At least clerics could get something fair with this strategy.

96p for a 96% rez is beyond fair. Very smart
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See I actually am a porting class and don’t care what people tip. Certainly I don’t think anyone should be obligated to do 1pp per level. All I’m doing is sitting there watching TV or playing another game and clicking a button every couple minutes to teleport someone. I always laugh at posters who act live they’re providing some super strenuous service that they need to be gratuitously complimented for.
I mean, you're doing that and not doing anything for yourself. As easy as it may be, you're spending your time to help me: why wouldn't you expect compensation for that?

Maybe tips are lower on Green, but if anyone expects other players to spend their time clicking them around for no benefit on any server ... I expect to think they're an asshole.

Now that doesn't mean I always charge for ports on my Druid. When I have 50k+ plat in the bank, I don't need some level 40 character's 25 plat, so I might refuse the tip ... but I absolutely expect that player to offer it (modulo CRs and other extenuating circumstances).

Last edited by loramin; 06-23-2020 at 10:35 AM..
Old 06-24-2020, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Pro tip:

the services are not strenuous, you tip well because that is just good business. People remember your names. If you tip like shit, ever wonder why it takes so long to find a port?

Also i like to tip, because i know people get bad tips, even IRL restaurant, barber etc. So when a porter gets 100 plat or I tip the server 50%, it just brightens their day a little. maybe even restores a little faith in humanity...

Just the tip!
Closed Thread