Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree FSI is mostly a solo benefit. The problem is you think racials actually matter much outside of soloing. There is no racial that is extremely effective in group/raid situations. Both FSI and Regeneration are best suited for soloing. In group/raid situations they are very situational for when they will actually help you.

I presented data. I have an entire guide in my signature with hours of videos and math[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I posted data from 7000 kills over years of playing the game. The problem is people like yourself post 0 data, and then ask me to post ALL of the data for both my argument and your own. This is just a poor excuse for the fact that you can't actually provide anything to support your points.

I am not trying to win anything either. I just have to keep posting the data and evidence, because people for some reason have magical ideas about FSI and regeneration, while they don't actually have data.
Idk mayne regeneration is nice for everything other than soloing big mobs.

Just sayin.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Will DSM post 1000 times? Find out as I count. The data is being shown
Old 02-08-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk mayne regeneration is nice for everything other than soloing big mobs.

Just sayin.
Except it isn't when you have Torpor. Trolls get 4800 HP per hour standing. That's 3-4 Torpors worth of HP over a full hour (1.5-2 minutes saved). That isn't going to help your group/raid 99% of the time. This is because "oh shit" moments happen fairly quickly, and regeneration gives you very little over a short period of time.

This is why Torpor Shamans don't wear Fungi Tunics. They understand that you want the better AC/HP/Resistances to help with short term damage spikes. Torpor is all you need for long term regeneration and sustainability.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree FSI is mostly a solo benefit. The problem is you think racials actually matter much outside of soloing. There is no racial that is extremely effective in group/raid situations. Both FSI and Regeneration are best suited for soloing. In group/raid situations they are very situational for when they will actually help you.

I presented data. I have an entire guide in my signature with hours of videos and math[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I posted data from 7000 kills over years of playing the game. The problem is people like yourself post 0 data, and then ask me to post ALL of the data for both my argument and your own. This is just a poor excuse for the fact that you can't actually provide anything to support your points.

I am not trying to win anything either. I just have to keep posting the data and evidence, because people for some reason have magical ideas about FSI and regeneration, while they don't actually have data.
What data is needed to support my point? Regen saves you mana which will allow you to cast more spells over time. This is a mathematical fact. This makes you a better shaman in 100% of situations as long as your health is below 100% which it almost always should be. If anything, continually going back and trying to post more data seems to imply you are trying to create something out of nothing.

You could get a good feel for regen if you stick your head up a troll's ass, but I'd rather just take the wiki's word for it.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Except it isn't when you have Torpor. Trolls get 4800 HP per hour standing. That's 3-4 Torpors worth of HP over a full hour (1.5-2 minutes saved). That isn't going to help your group/raid 99% of the time. This is because "oh shit" moments happen fairly quickly, and regeneration gives you very little over a short period of time.

This is why Torpor Shamans don't wear Fungi Tunics. They understand that you want the better AC/Resistances to help with short term spikes. Torpor is all you need for long term regeneration and sustainability.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What data is needed to support my point? Regen saves you mana which will allow you to cast more spells over time. This is a mathematical fact. This makes you a better shaman in 100% of situations as long as your health is below 100% which it almost always should be. If anything, continually going back and trying to post more data seems to imply you are trying to create something out of nothing.

You could get a good feel for regen if you stick your head up a troll's ass, but I'd rather just take the wiki's word for it.
No, it is not a mathematical fact.

When killing cliff Golems, for example, they are on a 6 minute respawn timer as a single spawn. A Torpor Shaman will Cannibalize back to full HP/Mana in 3 minutes. A Troll and an Ogre are killing the exact same number of Cliff Golems per hour, Troll Regeneration has zero benefit here. This is just one example.

The myth here is simply that Regeneration is "always helping". It honestly isn't, because Everquest has long respawn timers. This offsets a lot of Regeneration benefits.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

When killing cliff Golems, for example, they are on a 6 minute respawn timer as a single spawn. A Torpor Shaman will Cannibalize back to full HP/Mana in 3 minutes. A Troll and an Ogre are killing the exact same number of Cliff Golems per hour, Troll Regeneration has zero benefit here. This is just one example.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The myth here is simply that Regeneration is "always helping". It honestly isn't, because Everquest has long respawn timers. This offsets a lot of Regeneration benefits.
It is helping. It will allow you to refresh buffs easier before the next cliff golem. Or buff some noob. Or save you APM. It is always better, 100%. There's always a use. This is indisputable.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is helping. It will allow you to refresh buffs easier before the next cliff golem. Or buff some noob. Or save you APM. It is always better, 100%. There's always a use. This is indisputable.
It is disputable. It doesn't take 6 minutes to rebuff and recover between Cliff Golem kills. You are just mathematically wrong here.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It is disputable. It doesn't take 6 minutes to rebuff and recover between Cliff Golem kills. You are just mathematically wrong here.