Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-08-2023, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am clearly living rent free in your head. You must be my biggest fan, following me around and counting.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am clearly living rent free in your head. You must be my biggest fan, following me around and counting.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

If you're listening to DSM's opinion about eq in 2023, you're probably new to EQ.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're listening to DSM's opinion about eq in 2023, you're probably new to EQ.
Or you listen to people who bring actual evidence to back up their claims, instead of nonsense. You are the nonsense kind of poster[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2023, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you listen to people who bring actual evidence to back up their claims, instead of nonsense. You are the nonsense kind of poster[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2023, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

I really don’t think you would notice having or not having FSI even on a shaman. I can’t recall a single time it mattered. Maybe level up another shaman so you have objective data on how much worse it is?

I would but have five 60’s already and don’t even like the shaman that much.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don’t think you would notice having or not having FSI even on a shaman. I can’t recall a single time it mattered. Maybe level up another shaman so you have objective data on how much worse it is?

I would but have five 60’s already and don’t even like the shaman that much.
I have always said Regeneration is better while leveling. That data isn't relevant.

FSI is better when you have Torpor, and Regeneration is better while leveling. From a min/max perspective, the assumption is you will reach level 60. That means the racial that is better at level 60 is objectively the better racial from a min/max perspective.

There are many people who are certain they won't reach level 60, and if that is the case I would tell people to roll Troll instead. The only downside to this thinking is P99 is a game that takes people years to get to 60 in many cases. Your opinion on if you will get to level 60 or not may change in that time.

I have also never said FSI is required. The debate is which racial is better, not if it is required.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Yes but you have only leveled one shaman right? So the Regen vs xp penalty is theorycrafted at best (I expect 20% slower leveling is worse and causes more people to not hit 60).

Likewise FSI is best at 60…ok in theory, but you won’t know how much a difference without swapping between two chars. I honestly think if you hid the spell interrupt bar you couldn’t even tell side to side. It’s harder than the Pepsi/Coke double blind.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes but you have only leveled one shaman right? So the Regen vs xp penalty is theorycrafted at best (I expect 20% slower leveling is worse and causes more people to not hit 60).

Likewise FSI is best at 60…ok in theory, but you won’t know how much a difference without swapping between two chars. I honestly think if you hid the spell interrupt bar you couldn’t even tell side to side. It’s harder than the Pepsi/Coke double blind.
FSI is better than Regeneration at level 60 in fact. You can run the numbers. Better doesn't mean "so good it's going to change your life". It just means statistically better when it matters. Some people like min/maxing every tiny percentage out of a game. I am not sure why people keep thinking I am arguing FSI is life changing. I have never said that, and I have repeated myself hundreds of times at this point.

When it comes to XP bonus vs. Regeneration, that is always going to be hard to quantify. Regeneration allows you to kill more mobs per hour, which means you are going to be getting more money/items while leveling. Even if Barbarians end up dinging 60 a bit sooner, if they want to have the same money/items as the troll, they will need to spend the time they saved farming stuff. Now obviously a Torpor Shaman can farm better than a pre-60 Shaman. But it does take time and skill to learn how to kill the good mobs with a Torpor Shaman, compared to just farming guards 20% longer.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-08-2023 at 05:52 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector