Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Orc

I've gotten a dwarf priest to 31 and I've been having fun due to the amount of friends I have playing but I just wish they'd play EQ w me instead of me play wow with them.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenagra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've gotten a dwarf priest to 31 and I've been having fun due to the amount of friends I have playing but I just wish they'd play EQ w me instead of me play wow with them.
Hah I actually feel the same damned way! Here's to hoping I can convince some of them to at least TRY Green99 when it launches.

The funniest thing, to me, is that they ALL seem to know/remember the "EverCrack" meme from two decades back. I've been trying to explain to them that honestly leveling 1-60 in classic WOW likely takes just as long as leveling from 1-50 in Classic EQ.

Now leveling 51-60 in Kunark is a whole 'nother level of grind, but I've neglected to mention this to them. Hopefully by then they'll invested enough in the game to slog it out w/ me haha!
Old 09-18-2019, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

I've been playing P99 since the end of 2014. I love P99. Classic WoW is just a more modern game. Even in its "classic" state, it feels so many light years ahead of even modern EQ that it's not comparable aside from the fact they are both MMORPGs. EQ is a bicycle and WoW is a motorcycle.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-19-2019, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Had to crawl before you could walk. Had to EQ before you could WoW.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-19-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow is 100 times easier then eq

in eq when you die you gotta go get your gear and spawn naked, you also lose exp

wow is for 2 year olds who want to jump at the bank
What you're trying to say is EQ has a lot more risk vs reward. And WoW has aspects that are highly convenient. Which I'm 100% with you there. But as far as it being harder, EQ boss fights and pvp don't even come close to WoW. You can't get through WoW at the top level mashing the 1 key and being in 1st person view not even knowing what part of the zone you're in.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dunno i was playing vanilla gaming and raided up to including KT and every healer used /qh ( thats quick heal )

every tank has a tank macro

mages push 1 button etc

if you think the "Strat" Makes it hard you are stupid.

Everquest boss fights can last a very long period of time and require alot of focus, you definitley never raided tacvi
Yea, I'm the stupid one. We must be playing different WoWs then. Anyways, this argument has already been hashed out to death. I'm not about to relive it.

One of the biggest factors in what makes EQ so exciting(and frustrating) is the potential loss of time to gain those pixels. It has nothing to do with "skill." But the good news is most of you chaps got nothing but time.

Hope this helps.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

29.5 Taking it nice and casual.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Without discussing EQ at all, talking about Warcraft's difficulty in respect to the present warcraft-classic product amuses me. Warcraft-classic is based on a dumbed-down, easymode 1.12 patch era. The high level dungeons in particular are but shells of their original selves with many fewer monsters and easier mechanics and many characters are significantly stronger than launch-era due to the revised talents. It's a huge disappointment. Few players remember how difficult Warcraft could be at launch, either due to the passage of years or because most players weren't there right away.

Danth
Old 09-21-2019, 12:01 PM
Banned

ElfZ mode no thX
Old 09-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

If they didn't roll out that patch and rag wasn't easy mode you tards would find something else to complain about. It's just the way you are.

Closed Thread