Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being submissive and kowtowing to mob limits isn't the same thing imo.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your desired vision of the game is a hellscape that I want no part of.

You're looking at a choice where you can supercharge your own advancement and make yourself rich, but the cost is that you destroy the experience for everyone else. You're looking at that and thinking "I want this! Give it to me!". I look at this and think I don't want to take that bargain.

Thankfully the Devs aren't sociopaths and take the second road.

Bye.

p.s. since you're really dedicated to playing an ancap libertarian hellscape MMO and definitely quitting project 1999 as you've said, I recommend playing EVE. There are plenty of other people just like you there to show you who is the boss.

p.p.s Applying terms like Communism to the concept of people not killstealing and training each other is stupid.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes sense that certain aoe spells were bugged at one point and not casting correctly. If you're looking for proof I suggest finding posts about the gem icon color. Blue means unlimited and green means max 4, right? Surely there are posts complaining that these colors are meaningless if there was a 4 mob limit.

Most likely it was a single patch that broke certain spells or z-axis casting made aoes not work right or some other little oddity that the devs noticed and fixed.
http://www.wtfman.com/mcd/mayjunejuly.htm

Quote:
5/18/99

Ok ok, I am an addict. I said I was back, yet haven't updated in a while. I told you I was a slacker, and from now on just consider it part of the site disclaimer. I just hit 24th level on my Shaman, and I gotta say, life has just gotten a lot better. New spell levels mean tons of fun. If you don't play EQ, you can't relate. Last night I was just given a whole new arsenal of shitkicking spells, and well, it's fun to terrorize the little bastard critters that gave you so much trouble as an infantile ass sratching troll. After hitting 24th I promptly purchased my new spells, and gathered together every froglok tadpole in the land into one nice big group, laughed as they tried to nibble me as they did oh so not long ago, and basked in the light of self satisfaction watching all 46 of them die at one time to the new improved area effect spells. That beats leveling to me man. I think I'll take a 2 week break from all leveling activity and stick to my tadpole killing.
But this is not classic but obviously all lies. I mean dial up aoe's would never work anyways there's literally no evidence of any groups anywhere using dial up to aoe mobs. Doesn't exist at all.

The main thing now is to make sure the mob limit gets set to only 4 because there is proof. It's real and everyone who remembers how aoe spells hit more then 4 mobs obviously doesn't remember right and any information at all saying aoe spells hit more then 4 mobs is nothing but lies.

Don't even question it because that's some type of sin now.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your desired vision of the game is a hellscape that I want no part of.

You're looking at a choice where you can supercharge your own advancement and make yourself rich, but the cost is that you destroy the experience for everyone else. You're looking at that and thinking "I want this! Give it to me!". I look at this and think I don't want to take that bargain.

Thankfully the Devs aren't sociopaths and take the second road.

Bye.

p.s. since you're really dedicated to playing an ancap libertarian hellscape MMO and definitely quitting project 1999 as you've said, I recommend playing EVE. There are plenty of other people just like you there to show you who is the boss.

p.p.s Applying terms like Communism to the concept of people not killstealing and training each other is stupid.
Is it so hard to understand it's possible to kill more then 25 mobs without kill stealing from people?
Here I was thinking you had at least the slightest idea of how an aoe worked but apparently you all have this preconceived idea that it means stealing everyones mobs, training everyone, and breaking all the rules.

You know what happened back when I played and a train hit a group or killed someone?
The GM would come.
Before I quit all aoe's being done everywhere were well oiled machines run by people who knew exactly what to do. Taking some groups mobs never ever happened, even accidentally killing them didn't happen at this point. Everyone was very respectful of each other and helped one another out.

I can't even understand what would provoke someone to put mob limits in aside from a bunch of carebear trolls like the number who have been replying to this thread with bullshit mad they don't get zoomed and complaining to the staff.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:25 PM
Orc

I thought you uninstalled already. Why waste anymore time on something that is not going to change? You can always come back in 6th months to aoe whatever you'd like or just do it right now on blue.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Vyal have you heard of EZ server?
Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vyal have you heard of EZ server?
Don't care about it. EQ isn't something I need to live like most here. I would never ever support any mob limits either to me it's stupid and selfish. I'm sure you see it the exact opposite.
I can literally play any other game this whole time i'm playing cod beta replying to comments here during intermission.

But you on the other hand.. just imagine all those bards taking a whole 25 mobs away and remember to make sure they get that 4 mob limit put it.
Last edited by Vyal; 09-21-2019 at 10:39 PM..
Old 09-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it so hard to understand it's possible to kill more then 25 mobs without kill stealing from people?
Here I was thinking you had at least the slightest idea of how an aoe worked but apparently you all have this preconceived idea that it means stealing everyones mobs, training everyone, and breaking all the rules.

You know what happened back when I played and a train hit a group or killed someone?
The GM would come.
Before I quit all aoe's being done everywhere were well oiled machines run by people who knew exactly what to do. Taking some groups mobs never ever happened, even accidentally killing them didn't happen at this point. Everyone was very respectful of each other and helped one another out.
And yet here we are, with a 25 mob limit added for some mysterious reason. Clearly it's just to keep the Bardman down. Totally unprovoked.

We're all very impressed by your ability to not play EQ however. I applaud this new superpower of yours. Good work!
Old 09-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't care about it. EQ isn't something I need to live like most here. I would never ever support any mob limits either to me it's stupid and selfish. I'm sure you see it the exact opposite.
I can literally play any other game this whole time i'm playing cod beta replying to comments here during intermission.

But you on the other hand.. just imagine all those bards taking a whole 25 mobs away and remember to make sure they get that 4 mob limit put it.
uh that's not at all what I meant but ok
Old 09-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

wow he's still arguing four pages after he said he was done with the argument, how about that
Old 09-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Banned

You could aoe on dial up...
Closed Thread