Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

another suggestion ... please also remove blind ... my screen was more black then anything ...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Skeleton

Had a blast again today, thanks devs!

1. Firstly targeting is very hard, if your targeting someone pulling the flag, or even if you have the flag. The gob gets in the way and just surrounds the target, making him very unclickable (no matter who your trying to target). I ended up resorting to typing out /target (X), but usually they were too far off.

How about you make it that if you target the gob, it automatically targets the flag holder? Or just make it so the gob can be targeted through.

2. Root; can be broken by a spell, cant remember which, might be if you mez yourself. Doesn’t affect snare though.

3. Blind, I don’t mind it in CTF, but maybe reduce its duration?

4. The low level’s have too hard a time, especially when all we have to do is /pet attack, and there dead in seconds.

5. Player death, I had a few instances where I was being chased by a corpse attacking me? People not despawning on death for 10 seconds. Or people just respawning in place with 100% everything, which happened to me.

6. Suicide; people suiciding for 100% mana/health, maybe on death there may be a 30s timer before respawn? Yes I used this to my full advantage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I may think of more bugs later, but had too much fun today!

Ended up with a 3/3 Divinity rumble at the end.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Really fun!

couple of things:

1. All forms of mez are bugged. After mez wears off, the target cannot cast spells for between 20 seconds and a couple of minutes afterwards. Extremely annoying, because if a chanter gets one mez off on a caster, they're out of the fight for a couple of minutes, regardless of the duration of mez.

2. Necro nuke that turns you into skeleton form is permanent, you don't turn back.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Kobold

1. Melee damage is borked, but this is a well known issue. I was barely doing damage to Abacab who was naked.

2. I would get the message that I had died in a valiant struggle and then not be ported back to base immediately. I could still run around and hit people when I was supposedly dead.

3. Buffs do not always wipe upon death.

4. Mez is bugged/overpowered as stated by Pyrocat.

5. Blind seems to be a little overpowered as well. A couple of shaman/paladin's could keep lots of people perma-blinded.

6. Line of Sight wasn't working correctly. For instance hiding behind a huge boulder didn't block LoS on an enemies snare.

Suggestions:

1. Team specific chat channels would be nice.

2. Add a drop command for flag/goblin carrier.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Kobold

Greatly increase mana and hp regen while sitting for x amount of time. Right now it is better to die to get fm than wait 10 minutes meding.

Add a map with starting areas and default flag locations labeled.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Melee damage is borked, but this is a well known issue. I was barely doing damage to Abacab who was naked.

2. I would get the message that I had died in a valiant struggle and then not be ported back to base immediately. I could still run around and hit people when I was supposedly dead.

3. Buffs do not always wipe upon death.

4. Mez is bugged/overpowered as stated by Pyrocat.

5. Blind seems to be a little overpowered as well. A couple of shaman/paladin's could keep lots of people perma-blinded.

6. Line of Sight wasn't working correctly. For instance hiding behind a huge boulder didn't block LoS on an enemies snare.

Suggestions:

1. Team specific chat channels would be nice.

2. Add a drop command for flag/goblin carrier.
Completely agree with both suggestions.

As to the blind feedback: blind was always overpowered in PVP. I used to constantly lose duels with my paladin friend because he would spam blind and I had no MR gear. This makes getting resist gear and buffs extremely important, as it should be in PVP.

Blind also adds an element of strategy, for casters at least. Whenever I got blinded I had to remember what spells were in what slots so I could ALT-12345 .etc to cast them. If I wasn't sure who my target was, I would hit escape and hope they were attacking me so that I would auto target them, then spam blind/dot/root .etc then tab back to myself for heals. It also makes having your sound on a necessary strategy.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Banned

Not so much feedback, as a question. Once all this pvp testing is complete, is it going to be common practice to have events using non-classic mechanics in non-classic zones on a classic server?

Just wondering, because I'm a little confused about that.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not so much feedback, as a question. Once all this pvp testing is complete, is it going to be common practice to have events using non-classic mechanics in non-classic zones on a classic server?

to quote secrets:
It's not like they are being FORCED to ruin their classic experience. This is completely voluntary.

so what is wrong with having this? this doesnt affect the normal playstyle of the server at all, it doesnt give you any bonus or anythin, so wtf..

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to quote secrets:
It's not like they are being FORCED to ruin their classic experience. This is completely voluntary.

so what is wrong with having this? this doesnt affect the normal playstyle of the server at all, it doesnt give you any bonus or anythin, so wtf..
Don't get pissy with me, I just asked a question.

And I'll elaborate on that question further. Is the longterm goal of P99 to emulate Everquest pre-Luclin? Or to emulate World of Warcraft?

Again, I'm just asking, so save the rage for your pvp opponents.
Last edited by eqdruid76; 05-29-2010 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We're not forcing you to do it. There are no rewards for doing it. How is that going to ruin your classic immersion?

We're trying to do something fun for once. Do you play this game just so you can have classic everquest, or do you play it to have fun?
That's what a video game is about; having fun with it. If you have to debate whether it was classic or not, that just ruins the whole point of having fun. In 2001, we had fun with the game. This is fun for the people who choose to play it. Are you going to limit yourself from having fun playing a PVP CTF game *just* because it's ruining your immersion? Because let's be honest, that's completely and utterly unreasonable.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread