Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Banned

Default Conservatism vs Progressivism

Im going to try to have a discussion about the failed conservative movement vs the neverending march of progress.

I will list a few examples of failed conservative programs please, if you think conservatism is the way to go, feel free to post a failed progressive program or ideal.

Try to refrain from posting your opinions on whether something has failed, or at least try to find bipartisan support that indicates that the ideal or program you posted about is indeed a failure.

Examples of Conservative policies, programs or ideals that are complete and total failures:

The War on Drugs - This is a catastrophic failure that has done nothing to stop drug use and in many cases increased crime and drug use across the nation. The very idea that it is still an active policy is depressing.

Privatised Prison system - It's in the fucking constitution, just like the 2nd amendment is, that we should not live under the threat of cruel and unusual punishment. But nobody seems to care about that.

Standardized Testing/No child left behind - This is the most retarded way to think about education. it is a complete and total failure.

Trickle Down Economics - There are no economists that disagree that this is a myth

Nixon’s National Health Insurance proposal of 1974 - Basically the patient zero for the complete meltdown of any semblance of healthcare america ever had, resulting in the failed system we have been trying to change for the last 8 years.

the list does and will go on and on... go ahead, name me one known failed progressive system.

PS one thing you can connect all the dots to when it comes to republican policy - they all are designed to disenfranchise black americans. So if you're going to be honest, then they are all quite successful.. the problem is if you're going to be honest, you're a racist piece of shit neocon.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

go ahead, name me one known failed progressive system.
The USSR
Old 01-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go ahead, name me one known failed progressive system.
Kampuchea
Old 01-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Banned

Nothing yet, keep trying though.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Developer

A real constitutional conservative wouldn't have any such programs, especially on a federal level.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A real constitutional conservative wouldn't have any such programs, especially on a federal level.
give me one example of a private system that provides a service to communities that isnt a total and catastrophic failure then.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
give me one example of a private system that provides a service to communities that isnt a total and catastrophic failure then.
Waste disposal is highly privatized - AKA your trashmen
Old 01-27-2016, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waste disposal is highly privatized - AKA your trashmen
you mean the industry run by the mafia?
Old 01-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Banned

Off the top of my head - Women can vote - that seems like a glaring progressive failure
Old 01-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

just because someone who claims to be a conservative doesn't mean they are. I would Argue that all of these programs u listed failed because they're not conservative ideals or policies, they're actually progressive policies that "Grow Government" and Corruption which is the complete opposite of conservatism.

U wanna talk about failed policies lets talk about the HUD (housing and urban development) and CRA (community reinvestment act) and how progressive politicians gave corrupt bankers the ability to fuck over America and not go to jail. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank both democrats are personally responsible for the housing/bank crisis of 2008. Don't gimme this bullshit of failed conservative policies until u actually find a true conservative policy and not some progressive crap. And yes Bush and Nixon were both progressives. Same party just a diff name.
Closed Thread