Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Kobold

I remember trying to get into a "kung fu school" in China once. The website looked awesome. Had a bunch jackasses sitting on mountain tops holding bamboo sticks with buckets of water tied at each end. Shit was mystical as fuck. I was e-mailing them, getting promises about how I'd become enlightened and able to lift skirts with my brain while wow-ing my friends with my super crazy kung fu skills.

I was 10.

Critical thinking is your friend. Do your research. Don't let'em stick it to your egg roll like that.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember trying to get into a "kung fu school" in China once. The website looked awesome. Had a bunch jackasses sitting on mountain tops holding bamboo sticks with buckets of water tied at each end. Shit was mystical as fuck. I was e-mailing them, getting promises about how I'd become enlightened and able to lift skirts with my brain while wow-ing my friends with my super crazy kung fu skills.

I was 10.

Critical thinking is your friend. Do your research. Don't let'em stick it to your egg roll like that.
Well actually in the video that was my first trip to China

My friend told me about it and I couldn't get it out of my head for over half a year.

I finally went and its made me love Asia and persue it a whole lot more.

Kanya Shan China Shoalins is the place. http://www.chineseshaolins.com/
Old 05-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpolE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well actually ihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(sport)n the video that was my first trip to China

My friend told me about it and I couldn't get it out of my head for over half a year.

I finally went and its made me love Asia and persue it a whole lot more.

Kanya Shan China Shoalins is the place. http://www.chineseshaolins.com/
You have to be careful where martial arts are concerned. "Shaolin" is a very broad term and is abused in order to enroll novices into a training program that may not have anything to do with Chinese Kung-fu at all. The website you link lists "Traditional Shaolin" which may be the same as "Wu-Shu." I'm not sure that ancient Shaolin has survived in a pure sense. What is great about the link you provide is they train in Wing Chun. That is a martial art I have trained in extensively and it is well worth doing.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

how many chinese ladies do i win if i vote for you?
Old 05-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how many chinese ladies do i win if i vote for you?
None for you sorry mate.
Last edited by OpolE; 05-11-2016 at 06:18 PM..
Old 05-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yea come to think of it, il have some Asian girls. haha
Closed Thread